PROLOGUE: It's Not 'Who's Going To Let Me', It's 'Who's Going To Stop Me'

y/n: your name

y/n: your name

l/n: last name

h/c: hair color

h/l: hair length

e/c: eye color

======================

As a kid, growing up was the dream.

Being high on freedom, not giving a fuck about the rules and demands given by adults.

Y/n never got attention, the love nor the care. She was treated as if she was just a decoration to the house.

Her parents fulfilled her basic needs. Food, a home, clothes, things for school etc.

I mean, that's their job as parents, isn't it?

After years of taking her parents' neglect, the girl wanted to leave...to run away but then Mia came along.

Her precious baby sister, a whopping 15 years younger than herself.

Y/n swore since the day she heard about her mother's pregnancy that Mia wouldn't go through the hell she did.

That she didn't have to hear the hurtful words she had heard too.

That she didn't feel as unlovable as she did.

As the years went by, Y/n and her sister had gotten really close as suspected. At first glance, people would think Y/n was the mother of the little girl.

Her features were the same as hers, like a mini Y/n. Mia's hair was just darker and shorter, a lot straighter as well.

Eventually the girls' parents were tired of leaving them home alone all the time.

Not because it wasn't safe, it was because they were afraid that Y/n would have boys over and have parties.

So much for trust, huh?

So they booked two tickets headed to Europe for the two girls so they could live with their aunt. Not only there was better, it had better opportunities for Mia... better people.

It also just meant Y/n and Mia's parents would save more money and less things to worry about.

Her aunt was their mother's sister who was rich. Like...stupid rich.

How come?

She married into it of course. Y/n's aunt Cassie was a beautiful 23 year old with short black hair and a model body.

If aunt Cassie wanted to pursue modeling, she could have and gotten really far with it too.

At that age she met and married a 67 year old hag with millions to his name.

Aunt Cassie was married to him for almost 2 years when he died. Anyone could imagine how happy she was when her husband finally bit the dust.

The woman was young, beautiful and had money. If she wanted, she could have used the money notes as napkins.