26: 'In Anger, There's Pain'; That's Bullshit, There's Just Anger

Matt and Mia sat on the couch of the hotel room watching Spongebob Squarepants.

Mia laid against Matt's side and the male had his arm draped around her.

The two watched as Spongebob and Patrick fought DoodleBob and lost.

Mia giggled at the show as the male squinted his eyes at the TV, wondering how the sponge and the starfish was getting their asses kicked by a drawing.

The fumbling of the lock of the front door was heard then the door opened and slammed shut.

"Son of a bitch!"

Matt handed Mia his phone and pointed to the bedroom door, "Would you please go in there for a while, princess?"

The two heard Y/n harshly throw her bag on the floor and throw her keys somewhere about.

"Good luck, Matty."

She scurried off to the room, giving the two adults their space. The little girl could tell her sister was very mad she hoped Matt could help her.

The brunet stood from the seat when Y/n came stomping into the living room

"I'm gonna fucking kill him, I swear I'll do it." The girl seeth whilst clenching her fist in anger.

Matt knew who she was talking about immediately, the one man who could make her blood boil.

"What did your dad-?"

"'Dad'?!" Y/n bitterly laughed, "'Dad'?! He's not my dad! He's one of Satan's minions, that's what he is!"

"The only evidence that shows that man is my father is the fucking paper that says so!"

Matt slid his hand in one of hers, rubbing hid thumb over hers and the other hand trailed up to her face.

The male held the side of her face, "Breathe for me baby." Matt inhaled deeply, prompting for the female to follow in which she did.

After a few more and Y/n had visibly calmed down, Matt spoke gently and carefully, "What did he do?"

The female took a receipt from her back pocket and handed it to him

The brunet's brown eyes wavered in reading the small piece of paper. His eyebrows furrowed and then he looked to the girl.

"Why is your balance at 0 dollars?"

"Because the fucker." She trailed off as she took the receipt back, "Took all my money from my bank account and put in another."

Y/n huffed as she continued, "He said I could have it back unless I leave Mia here."

The male was silent, mouth was slightly parted as he squinted his eyes.

"How the fuck did he even do that?"

The h/c haired girl plopped herself down on the sofa. She leaned her head back and her eyes met Matt's as he stood behind the same couch.

"He has connections." The girl frowned. Matt chuckled which made her shift her body to face him whilst sitting still.

"Why are you laughing, idiot?" She asked almost yelling, in disbelief as to how Matt could find the situation amusing.

He rounded the couch and took a seat next to her, pulling his laptop from under one of the couch cushions.

He opened it and immediately began typing quickly, just the tapping of the keys filled the silence.

Y/n furrowed her brows and looked to the screen, yet again not understanding a word displayed.