5: Blinded By The Past Made Me See Him As A Bad Guy When Really Hes's My Hero

She had a small bag in her hand as the little girl huffed, "Smoking is bad."

Matt chuckled and immediately flicked the cigarette away.

"So is littering." the girl added.

The male knelt down on his knee to the girl's level.

"You gotta name princess?"

"Mia."

Matt's eyebrows shot up as he looked at her. As he thought about it, she did have the same eye colour and features as Y/n.

"Mia L/n?"

The girl vigorously nodded, "How did you know?"

"I'm friends with your sister. She's been going crazy looking for you."

Mia's eyes immediately lit up, "You know Anie?"

"I do. You're just like her, aren't ya?" Matt let out a breathy laugh, "Back talk and everything,"

This caused Mia to giggle, "I like you."

Matt stood up, dusting his knee. After, he picked Mia up, setting her on his hip.

"I like you too princess."

Mia giggled once more at the nickname as Matt looked around for Y/n

"As I found you, I lost your sister." He shook his head.

He spotted the girl coming out of a store and Mia seemed to have seen her too.

"Anie!"

In the distance, Y/n turned her head to the direction they were. Matt set her down so she could run to her older sister.

Y/n knelt down on both knees as she hugged the little girl.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Y/n sniffled and she cupped her sister's face, "You are okay right?"

Mia nodded, "I got this for you." Mia held up the bag she had, giving it to Y/n.

Once she opened it, there was a doughnut.

Y/n laughed as she set the bag down, "Thank you munchkin but please don't ever do that again. I don't want you getting hurt."

The younger girl nodded, "I wanted to see you but I couldn't remember where you lived."

"Anytime you want to see me, call me okay?" Y/n brushed Mia's hair back, "I'll come for you."

The ringing of a phone caught the two girls attention.

Matt answered his phone and talked for a while before hanging up.

Y/n stood up and hugged Matt once more, causing him to stumble back a bit, "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"No problem sweetheart." he mumbled in her hair as he hugged her back, "Anytime."

"Is he going to be around more, Anie?"

The two let go of each other and looked at the little girl but before Y/n could speak, Matt did for her.

"But of course princess." Matt grinned before continuing, "Let's get you both home, yeah?"

Matt opened the back seat door for Mia then the passenger for Y/n before getting in himself.

The car ride was mostly Matt and Mia talking. Mia asked Matt questions like his favourite colour, favourite food then the topic changed to video games.

Y/n couldn't help but smile a the two's interaction as she gazed outside the window.

Upon reaching, Mia and Y/n got out the car. Y/n bent down to the driver's window level.

"You have to go?"

Matt bit his bottom lip and he nodded, "Mello needs me." he sighed, "You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I am." she responded as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, "Well...um, goodbye. Thank you again for the fifth time." she laughed nervously.

"No problem sweetheart. You'll see me soon so try not to miss me too much, yeah?" the male winked before driving off.

Y/n flipped him off as he drove off, hoping he'd see in the rear view mirror.

The car honked twice, signaling he saw her. She laughed and then the car was no longer in sight.

Holding Mia's hand, they walked up the stairs to the girl's apartment.

Inside was Aunt Cassie on the sofa with her head in her hands. When she heard the door open, her head shot up.

She ran towards the little girl and hugged her. Y/n filled her aunt in on what happened and Aunt Cassie sighed.

"You had me worried sick."

"Sorry aunt Cassie."

"Mia." Y/n called, "How about you take my phone and go in the bedroom while I talk to Cassie."

Mia smiled brightly as she was handed the device and she ran to the bedroom

"Mia's staying with me now. I don't trust you any more." Y/n stated, crossing her arms.

"Like hell she is. Who's going to watch her while you're out there dancing for men, huh?"

Y/n's head jerked back, "It tells how much you hear what you want to hear sometimes. I'm a waitress at a strip club, not a dancer." She stated a matter-of-factly, "And I'll hire a babysitter."

Aunt Cassie scoffed at the idea, "A random stranger taking care of your sister. How responsible, Y/n."

Y/n laughed, "Losing a 5 year old girl. How responsible, Cassie."

"Mia is at the age where she needs a mother figure in her life." Aunt Cassie responded sternly.

"Since when do you care?! Where were you when I needed one?!" Y/n exclaimed at the bullshit her aunt was feeding.

"How the fuck was I supposed to know Y/n? I hadn't talked to your mother in years before she called asking I could take you two!"

"Mia is staying with me until she is old enough to make an informed decision." Her aunt added.

Y/n exhaled sharply, glaring at the lady, "Fine. I will ask when she turns 8. Deal?"

"Deal."

"But if something like this happens again, I'm taking her whether you like it or not."

Two two looked at the each other like if looks could kill.

"Mia!" Aunt Cassie called, "Let's go honey!"

The bedroom door opened and closed then little pitter patter of feet were heard. Mia gave the phone in her tiny hands to its owner.

Mia hugged her sister once again which Y/n gladly returned.

"Remember, if you need anything just call okay?"

The little girl nodded and kissed her older sister's cheek before walking out with her aunt.