27: Hasta La Vista To What's Left Of This Man's Sanity

"You had one fucking job!"

The fists of the chief of police in England slammed down on his desk. Some pencils rolled off and some of his items moved in the process.

"Sir I-"

"He has my fucking family, Russell!" Mr. Comder yelled in frustration, burning holes into the officer before him.

William Rontly paid Mr. Comder a not so friendly visit, so he's been on edge ever since.

He even looked like shit.

His grey hair was tousled without a care and maybe he lost a bit of weight but it was a still clear he had a bit of a stomach.

His tie hung loosely from his neck and his button up shirt needed the warmth of an iron.

"You get Mail Jeevas or Mihael Kheel, do you hear?! One of those fuckers needs to go to William before he kills my family." With a strict finger pointed at Russell, Mr. Comder seeth, "The life of my family is in your hands and I swear to the devil if you fuck this up, you'll be responsible."

If it wasn't for the chief's cell phone ringing, he probably would have heard the brunet growl at him in pure anger.

Him? Doing the Mafia's dirty work?

Without a say or a care for dismissal, Jack Russell spinned on his heels to the direction of the door of the small office and stomped out of the precinct.

If William Rontly wanted Mail or Mihael for burning down his building he should look for them himself.

After all they're all in mafia, William literally had a free pass to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Like Mail and Mihael, he had important people on payroll and most of all; he played dirty.

This has nothing to do with a officer working for minimum wage.

A man who was fueled on 4 hours of sleep each night and coffee.

Russell had no one to go home to anyway so it's not like he'd have distractions, besides unlike the rest; he had a brain

Most importantly, he used it.

Russell didn't know where to start, Matt and Mello were always loaded and extremely careful.

They were ruthless and aware of their surroundings so kidnapping and chloroform was out of the question

So was holding one of them at gun point. There was always a possibility that they'd call for backup and people like that were always with someone.

People like Matt and Mello had nothing to lose and that was what Russell frowned upon. What Russell needed was their vulnerable spot, their weakness.

He started up his beat down Toyota which rumbled a bit before it started completely.

Russell drove to a nearby corner bar that was filled with cheap booze, cigar smoke and desperate people not only to get drunk but stay away from home.

He didn't go there to get drunk but boy needed a bit of alcohol in his system.

When he sat on the bar stool with a slight grunt, he brushed his light brown hair back and out of his face.

Jack ordered a couple shots and screwed his eyes shut, not because it was strong; it was watered down and left a weird taste in his mouth.

He had done research upon research but its hard considering that they were both orphans. They had no connections to anyone.

Even their gang were tight lipped on the whereabouts of the men. Russell was an officer of the law, he couldn't just pick up and do whatever he wanted.

He couldn't just take then into custody and keep them until they finally open their fucking mouths.

If he was being honest, he was tired of playing clean- of being the good guy in catching the two males, even one would do.

If his boss wanted him to play dirty, if his career was being threatened because William's ass is too coward to face the two himself, then so be it.

While the brunet brainstormed on how he was going to proceed with his capture of Matt or Mail, hopefully both, a sudden vibration in his front pocket pulled him out of it.

Russell fished out his cell and made a noise of confusion when the caller ID showed 'Private number'

When he brushed it off, he answered the call and raised the device to his ear with a slight sniff.

"Russell here."

"Jack Russell. Correct?" A gruff voice met the officer's ear, like the man was having just as bad of a day like himself.

"Correct." Russell assured while tapping the counter in front of him as a signal for bartender to serve him another shot.

"Lovely day isn't it?" The male asked, his voice being intimidating.

"It's fucking fantastic." The brunet sarcastically remarked as he shot the tequila, screwed his eyes shut and tilted his head backwards to help the drink go down, "Who are you?"

The mystery male chuckled slightly and very lowly, "I'm your greatest gift, officer."

With furrowed brows, Jack slouched posture straightened just a tad, "Yeah? How so? Play careful because I could trace this call if I wanted."

"We're on the same side here, Mr. Russell." The male over the phone reassured. Now Jack was fully paying attention to the conversation, "Tell me, do you think Mail Jeevas is a great guy?"

With the mention of the name, Russell almost fell off the barstool.

"Of course not." Russell growled with a scowl on his face, only if looks could kill, "Right now I could kill him with my bare hands for putting me through so much shit."

Not only is Jack's career being threatened because of Matt, prior to that he was trying to get them both to jail but instead the officer looked like fool when he couldn't bring justice.

"Most people think he is." The man responded truthfully, "And how does that saying go again? 'Behind every great man, there's a greater woman'?"

Russell knew he was hinting at something. Surely Mail wouldn't be so selfish as so be in a relationship to put them into danger.

Just being a friend of theirs makes one a walking target.

Russell was now leaning off the edge of the stool in anticipation. Was this finally going to lead him somewhere?

He also wasn't stupid, this information could easily be fake so with that in mind he asked, "Who's his girl?"

There was a slight pause, dead silence where made the man's heart race, hoping that the call didn't cut or something didn't happen to disrupt the call.

"Y/n L/n is Mail's kryptonite."