Chapter 3

Third Person Pov:

"So we cross paths again."

Saiki looks up from his book to see Y/n walking towards him. "Good grief, what are you doing here?"

Y/n sits down on the grass beside him with a small smile. "Nothing, I was coming here to draw." She pulls her sketchbook out of her backpack. "You mind giving me an idea?"

"You came here to draw but you don't have an idea." Saiki says blankly and Y/n rolls her eyes.

"I never said I didn't." She says with a small grin. "Just give me something."

Saiki sighs before holding his hand out. Confused, Y/n gives him her hand but he glares at her. "The sketchbook. I wanna see how you draw first."

"I don't think that's necessary but okay." Y/n hands him her sketchbook. "What's the point of this anyways?"

"To see what would go well with your art style." He answers as he looks at some of her drawings.

"Again, I don't think that's necessary. You could've just said like a strawberry or something." Y/n shrugs as she plays with the grass.

He sighs and ignores her, continuing to look through her sketchbook. "You seem to like portraits."

"I guess if you call drawing anime character's faces portraits, than sure." Y/n jokes and Saiki just stares at her. "No sense of humor. Noted."

Saiki glares at her before handing the sketchbook back. "Draw a fruit."

Y/n smirks as she begins drawing. 'He had this one coming.' She thinks to herself as she draws.

~~~~~~ Minutes Later ~~~~~~

Y/n finishes her drawing with a satisfied smile. She takes the drawing out the sketchbook and hands it to him. "Here, i'm finished."

Saiki takes it confused. "Why are you handing me this?"

"You're smart, figure it out." Y/n says with a laugh as he sighs.

Saiki looks at the drawing before glancing at her confused. "This is me."

"I drew a strawberry." Y/n closes her book and stands up. "I think that's my best work yet." She starts walking away. "You can keep it. See you at school."

Saiki watches her figure walk further and further away till she disappears. He looks back at the drawing. "She's actually a good artist. It looks exactly like me."

~~~~~~~~

"Merry Christmas!" Mrs. Saiki says as she lets Y/n and her family in.

Mrs. Saiki invited Y/n and her family over once she found out Saiki and Y/n knew each other. How? The park and drawing.

Since Y/n's family already had plans with they're grandparents. They spent Christmas with they're grandparents during the day, and went to the Saiki's at night.

"I hope you don't mind, I made macaroni and cheese. Also, I have red velvet cake." Y/n's mom says as D'Quan carries the cake and Jadyn brings the dish.

"No it's fine! Set it there." Mrs. Saiki points to the table and the twins immediately does as she asks. "What beautiful twins you have! How do you tell them apart?"

"D'Quan got his nose pierced after he was born. Jadyn got one of his ears pierced." Y/n's mom explains as she walks towards the kitchen with Ms. Saiki.

"Nice house." Jadyn and D'Quan say at the same time to Saiki.