Chapter 20:

Heyyyy

Do you guys wanna read a little backstory?

Well, I hope the answer's yes because that's exactly what you're getting. Be gratefully and enjoy this beautiful chapter that should not have taken as long as it did.

By the way, I read your comments on what character you think I should write a book about next. And I have selected a winner.

No, I will not be telling you. It's a surprise. But I have already started planning and writing.

So I planned that when I post the last chapter of this book, I'll also post the first chapter of the new book on the same day so y'all can start reading that to ease the pain. I will also drop the name of the book at the bottom of the last Saiki chapter so you know exactly what book it's called and go over there.

I know, I know. I'm the best author. You're welcome, my loves.

Now, onto this very emotional chapter. And uh, enjoy!

Third Person Pov:

The mother of the L/n family anxiously paces around her house. She had been doing it for so long that the married Saiki couple begun worrying for her even more with each passing minute.

Can you blame her though? It had been well over an hour since Saiki left, perhaps two. The waiting slowly began eating at her.

Although she trusts that Saiki will bring her daugher home, she can't help but think of the endless possibilities of if he doesn't. All she wished was to see her beautiful daughter once more.

As time passed, minutes felt like hours and hours felt like days.It hurt more than she would ever know, the feeling of losing her oldest daughter. She would not bare to lose yet another person she loves.

D'Quan approaches his worried mother in a calm manner. "Breathe, ma. Just be patent."

"I know, but-"

"We're all worried for her. But the most e can do is trust and pray. Pray with me, mama." D'Quan offers his mother with a reassuring smile. Seeing her smile back and nod.

Despite the act D'Quan puts up as a front, he's more anxious then he leads on. That's his little sister. The last time he talked to her, she was crying about unfair life was. And he told her to be patient and wait, that everything would work out in the end.

Now all he can do is pray that his words were true. And for his mother's sake, he'll keep up his act keep her calm.

Jayden, however, watched the guilt teenage sit alone on one of his mother's sofas. He could visibly see the scared and guilty look on her face as she was practically shaking in her seat.

He actually felt bad for the girl. Although she is part of the reason his sister is on the verge of suicide, it was never her intention. She just had a crush on a boy.

And even so, having a crush on a boy should never lead to being blamed for a girl's attempted suicide. That's very traumatizing for a teenage girl.

"It's not completely your fault."

When hearing a sudden voice so close to her, Miko flinches before looking over to her side. Her eyes finding Jayden sitting beside her.

She sniffs her nose ad uses one of her hands to wipe her teary eyes. "What?" She spoke quietly but questiongly in a quivering tone.