8

That's a fucking hoax Nadine,and I would be absolutely foolish to believe anything you say. So brace yourself,because I'm going to make your life and everyone involved that night's,a living fucking hell.

The last time I starved myself was two years ago. It was the most painful and abhorrent time of my life. Thinking about who I was then—what I had become leaves a vile taste in my mouth.With determination I try to swallow my third bite out of my cheeseburger.

I feel my stomach twist and churn,nausea settling into my throat when I'm able to push down the food completely. Pushing my plate away,I pick my phone up from the table hoping to look as normal and unsuspecting as possible in front of Jel who watches me sceptically.

"Is that all you're gonna eat?"she raises an arched brow and I shrug dismissively.

"My mom made so many pancakes this morning. I'm still stuffed,"deflecting her attention elsewhere,I ask. "Haven't seen River today. You know where he is?"

She blushes immediately and I sigh internally,quite grateful. I don't know how she'd react knowing this was the only thing I'd eaten since yesterday evening.

I gasp dramatically "Spill."

"Well you know how cranky I get when pmsing,yeah well he noticed it today during maths class and he was determined to make me feel better and trust me I tried to stop him,really I did,but he wouldn't have it. He took a permission slip,probably faked an illness or whatever and texted literally five minutes ago that he'd be here soon with my pack of m&ms and caramel and pecan ice cream . And you know how much I love my caramel ice cream Nev."

I swoon,my hand going to my chest.

"Ugh! Say no more. I feel so single right now. Damn someone call the love police because I think it's illegal to be this sweet."
Jel laughs and nudges my rib with her elbow earning a shriek from me.

I smile as I watch her eyes sparkle in pure happiness.

"No seriously,I didn't think River had it in him. But I'm not surprised though,you deserve someone as amazing as him Jel."

She gives me a genuine smile. "Thanks Nev."
For a second,I see her hesitation as the smile falls from her face replaced with uneasiness.

"What? Why what's wrong?" I enquired urging her to say what's on her mind.

"I—Don't you find it strange that Will decided to come back after all these years? Shit how could I forget this?! River told me there was an ugly fight on Monday between Gale and him.How could I forget to tell you this?"

I wave my hand "It's okay don't beat yourself up Naomi already told me."

She sighs "But still. I can't believe he showed up after all these years out of thin air. There's just something odd about it. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can't help it."

Dropping my phone on the table,I rub my hand over my face and admit.

"Me too Jel. Me too." I almost tell her about the incident between Will and I but I bit my tongue when River arrives.

Maybe it's best this way. After all,she has nothing to do with this.

A/N

Forgive me for any typo or grammatical error 😬. Promise to edit soon 😙