6

The sight in front of me is something I should have gotten used to but it still made me nauseous.

I wanted to turn back,but it was too late. He had seen me. And I knew he was going to approach me. He usually did.

I send a little prayer to God hoping today is one of the days he decides to ignore me.

Prayer not accepted I guess.

I hear Hailey wine when he disentangles himself from her and wiped away her pink lipstick stain from his mouth.

He looks good,very impeccable in his uniform. Then again,when does he not.

I adjust my bag strap nervously watching as he walks away from her and towards me with quick strides. I don't miss the venomous glare directed to me from Hailey either.

"Hey,"he greets when he reaches and my eyes instinctively trail over the purple small bruise on his cheek and the unmissable swell on his nose.

"Hi. I didn't mean to interrupt you guys or anything.."

"No,"he turns a shade of crimson "it's okay. I was about to go look for you actually."

"Yeah?" His statement earns a surprise from me.

"Yeah. I wanted to talk about Walker,"

Okay good. I wanted to talk about Will too.

"He's—well he's said some vile things to me at the boys locker room yesterday,after physical Ed.."

My heart falls into my stomach.

"Saying he was going to destroy you and make you pay for what you did to Yolanda.."

My leg wobbles and I step back. Gale moves to hold me,but I don't let him touch me.

I raise my hand to stop him "I'm okay."

I see a flash of pain contour his handsome features as his eyes skims over my face. He's watching me waiting for me to say something.

But I don't. We are not friends. I only came here to ask for the reason of their fight. And now I have it.

But I'm not too much of a bitch to not show gratitude.

"I'm sorry for causing you pain—," I begin and continue before he even has anything else to say.

"Thank you for what you did,you didn't have to,but really thank you. I'll be leaving now."

"Wait,"he stops me before I can even turn and I watch as he struggles with his words,struggling more to mask his disappointment behind his features.

It's hurts me to see him this way,but I wasn't the one who did this to us.

He swallows "Is that all you have to say to me Nev?"

"No,"for a moment a see a glimpse of what looks like hope in those orbs of his.

It's funny how the tables have turn.

"Please don't get into fights because of me anymore. It's not worth it and I don't want any drama or anything in my life at this moment. Thanks again."

I leave before I can see the look on his face.

I have to find Will before my bad bitch phase wears off.

A/N

Another chapter off my chest. Phew