4

"Oh and I almost forgot to add,uhmm they're back together." River pauses and then adds "Gale and Hailey I mean."

As if I couldn't guess already.

I swallow and shrug impassively "No surprise there. I'm guessing they couldn't keep their disturbing PDA at bay at the cafeteria too huh,"

I hear River's chuckle from the other side of the line.

"As usual. You heard from Jel? I've been calling her nonstop. Do you think she's still mad at me?"

I sigh putting the phone on speaker and grabbing my homework from my bag dropping them on my bed. If I don't begin now,God knows for sure I'm not going to do it.

Procrastination does take the best of me...and laziness.

"Nev? Are you there?"

"Yeah sorry I was doing something. Plus you should've never brought up the whole Devon thing today. That was very inappropriate."

Even for me

I hear him groan "I didn't know she was going to get this worked up. Even you didn't.She's so unpredictable. When I purposefully try to piss her off,it never works but when I mention Devon's name once in a conversation that does it for her."

They really should just date already. I'm tired of being their third wheel/counsellor.

"Well you know how hard it is for her considering what he did to her and me,mostly her. Just apologise tomorrow at school."

I hear clinging of keys and rushed breaths.

"What are you doing?" I enquire.

"I can't wait. I have to see her now. I'll text you how it goes. Bye cupcake!"

He hangs up and I shake my head amusedly. What I wouldn't do to have someone love me as he does her. Someone almost did,but nothing ever lasts right.

I brush away the thought. Now is not the time for melancholy and self pity.

I have an essay to slay.