Omake / Interlude 2 - Dave Mustaine, The Prophet

After the incident with the Troll, a meeting was called between the two heads of the houses of the students that were part of the incident.

Dumbledore sat in his chair behind his desk, and professor McGonagall was sitting in front of him, next to her was Professor Snape.

"I will assume that everything was in order in the room on the third floor," said Dumbledore to Snape.

"As you can see, the stupid dog there is still alive and protecting it", Snape snarked.

"Good, and did you already go with madam Pomfrey?" continued Dumbledore.

"Please, stop acting like you really care", said Snape.

Dumbledore sight a little for that answered, which he took as a no.

"Were you able to locate the troll?" Snape asked this time.

"No, unfortunately. A big mass entered the castle and left without a trace. If it hasn't attacked a student, I would hire him as a security guard", Dumbledore said jokingly.

"I still can't understand how that happen and how mister Potter could survive", said McGonagall.

"Which take me to my next question. Are you sure about the people involved?" said the headmaster.

"Maybe they are changing because of the influence of Mister Potter. Headmaster, are you sure there wasn't any mistake in his sorting? I am still in doubt about young Mr Potter is in the Slytherin house", plead McGonagall.

Snape raised an eyebrow and said, "Are you implying that there is something bad in my house?"

"Of course not, but..."

"Not long ago, you came to me complaining about Potter, for talking back to their teacher. I could confirm that, in reality, he was asking for a genuine question. And that information came from another Gryffindor", said Snape.

"Now, now, let's calm down. Mister Suzuki has proven his worth in the school. And about his sorting, well, I had my doubts the first day. We all knew his parents, and both of them were Gryffindors", said the headmaster, and then continued, "But the hat has told me that he stands with his decision."

None of them were happy with the answer.

"Maybe we can change it. It may have never occurred but..." said the transfiguration teacher before she was stopped by the headmaster.

"His birth-parents may have been Gryffindors, but they only can pass him their genes, not their personality. He grew up with the Suzuki's", said Dumbledore with a reassuring voice and looked at both, then continued, "They have raised him and teach him their ways. We all know that they are very important in the muggle world. And that was accomplished without the use of magic. For a wizard to be able to accomplish that, they should be very cunning".

"I may have another answer about the reason for his sorting", said McGonagall with a stern look. She saw the two men in front of her and continued, "When I visited their house, the young Potter was wearing a shirt with a slogan of a music group. Burdage, the professor of Muggle Studies, told me that she has no information about them, but a student assured me that the band was a very bad influence, maybe the exposure to this groups affected him."

Snape only rolled his eyes, "But of course, if it is a bad influence, it will make him fall into my house", thought to himself. "A personality is not created only by the influence of one thing, but by the accumulation of experiences", Snape said aloud while looking at McGonagall.

"You are right. Still, I am a little curious about this music she is afraid of", Dumbledore confessed. He started to cress his beard and look at Snape, "I am sorry for this Snape, but I will need to ask you to buy a record of this group. You are still living in the muggle world, that is why I am choosing you. Minerva, can you tell me the name of the group?"