Fluctuating popularity

The first week of classes started, and Harry's group changed the lineup. He walked down the boy's dorm stairs alongside Zabini.

Zabini was the only dark skin boy in the Slytherin dorm in his year. He was standing with a posture like Draco as if he was looking down at the other students, but in reality, it was his defensive posture.

Outside the Slytherin common room, nobody speaks about him. Still, inside it, many students talk ill about him and his mother, who's called the Black Widow.

Harry and Zabini usually wait for Pansy and Millicent in the common room. Harry wanted to be seen by everyone and show that Suzuki and Parkinson were strong. This idea of a strong family was also reinforced by Flint when he assured Harry that he would still have his place on the Quidditch team.

Flint disobeyed the direct order of his father to have a better team. He believed that, now that Suzuki has entered Quidditch marketing, it would be a question of time before they sponsor or own a Quidditch team.

This idea came to him the first night he was back at Hogwarts, and now he is convinced that this is the best way to proceed.

At the great hall, the students again separated, but now it was the Quidditch team, the one in the middle.

Daphne Greengrass was happy with the attention she was receiving by sitting next to Draco. Tracey Davis was seated next to her and kept her company. Draco was surprised when the quiet Nott decided to join his new group, although that displeased Daphne.

On Monday, their first class was history, which, like the last year, they shared with the Ravenclaws. And like last year, no one seems to properly pay attention. Harry sat next to Zabini while Pansy sat behind them with Millicent. Draco sat with Goyle and Nott with Crabbe. Crabbe and Goyle still did not really understand anything, so they openly spoke with Harry until Draco called them with an excuse. Daphne and Tracey sat in the corner, away from Nott but on the same side of Draco.

Unexpectedly, the idea that the families were at 'war' created a slight tension in the classroom. Especially because Harry's and Draco's groups sat on each side of the classroom, making the other houses in the middle.

The second class was transfiguration, with the Gryffindors. Harry wondered why the Professor differed from when she visited his house. 'Was it because he was sorted in another house?' thought Harry. 'Or is another way for the headmaster to get close to me. Making me get closer to my head of the house. Possibly, because it's a complaint about a teacher, I would be sent to him directly.'

Harry looked at the front of the class, where the teacher explained her expectations for the school year. 'If that was the case, he may be needed for her to be more one-sided. Although, she already is in some aspects.'

Harry shook his head and started to pay attention to the class. The idea of the Professor being part of the headmaster's plan may be possible. Still, in his opinion, the schoolteachers won't participate in that kind of complot, at least not willingly. So, some sort of leverage or just simple manipulation of the information could be the case.

Professor McGonagall started asking questions about last year's course, which only Hermione was eager to answer. Harry looked at the class while noting that, like Malfoy, Zabini was a good student and started taking notes.

"This year, we will be preparing ourselves to can transfigurate small animals into things, and vice versa", said the Professor. She then took a small bird, tapped it with her wand three times, and said, "Veraberto".

The bird started to change into a coup of glass. The students were amazed and kind of happy. Harry would usually be delighted as it seems they are finally going to teach some tier 2 magic. But his friendship with Aura and Mare did not let him enjoy it, and he needed to speak.