Omake / Interlude - Professor, and a gift

Professor Dumbledore was sitting in his chair, writing in one of the various parchments around his desk. The summer vacation is for the students, but for him, is where more work has to be done. And he thinks there is a curse in the position of professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts, but the Hogwarts board of governors thinks otherwise.

Dumbledore could not blame them, the curse started when he became the Headmaster, and he was the only one that had to deal with it. The patience of the board is getting thin, as the information about the Troll was given to them. Worse is that the stone was stolen. And even with the help of the Aurors, the case remained unsolved.

His fear was that the stone was taken by Voldemort or one of his followers, but the lack of movement of the known death eaters made him think otherwise. Especially when he has Severus Snape close, and he was not called, and to his knowledge, none of the other death eaters.

The Headmaster sighed a little before he continued with his paperwork.

A sudden knock on the door woke him from his world of work. "Come in, Minerva", said Dumbledore from his chair, while storing his quill.

Professor McGonagall entered the room with a big smile, and with her cheeks a little pink, "Headmaster, mister Osbourne is here". Dumbledore stood up when a man in black robes entered.

The man was wearing similar half-moon glasses, but the ones he was wearing were sunglasses. No beard, and long black hair. On his neck is a necklace with a Christian cross.

"Mr Osbourne. I have waited for your visit. Please, sit", offered Dumbledore, and his visitor took sit. "Thank you".

"How is Sharon?" asked the headmaster, with a small indirect to her headmistress.

"It's doing good. She is, she's still laughing at your last visit", answered Osbourne while smiling. Albus laughed a little with some shame. His last visit to the MACUSA never happened as he met Sharon Osbourne before and talked about the incident.

The album was reviewed by the MACUSA beforehand, and it seems that the inclusion of 'electricity' in the song, broke any potential problem. The song was, at that moment, the subject of discussion, they did not want that the problem of the killing curse happened again.

Some hundreds of years ago the curse was used in muggle literature, and it was spread worldwide. The problem was that young muggle-born kids used the word when playing, ending in tragedy. After many exhausting years passed, the word was changed in their literature. A book or two may have escaped, but it was as far as they could go.

That incident set a precedent for all wizarding communities who tried to control what could be known about them. They all agreed that the Muggles should have an idea of magic with their literature and other forms of communication, to help the muggle-burns understand the concept of magic.

"Lemon drop, Mr Osbourne?" offered the headmaster.

"No thanks. And quick calling me Mr Osbourne. Call me Ozzy. Like everyone does", said the visitor, who took a bag from his robes. Minerva tried to see what was in the bag, but Dumbledore dismissed her with a wave of his hand.

"Bat head?" now offered Ozzy, and Dumbledore frowned a little before denying it with his head. Ozzy took a head and eat it. "They are made of chocolate, you know?"

"Before I started, I guessed that Sharon already told you what we talked", said Dumbledore, and Ozzy only nodded.

"I want to ask for your assistance, Ozzy. I want to offer you the position of Professor of Defense Against Dark Arts".

The singer leaned his back to the chair and answered, "Coming back to Hogwarts? To teach? You want me to teach defence against the Dark Arts?" Ozzy chuckled a little before continuing, "You know that I would end up teaching the Dark Arts, right?"