سبعة عشر

New girl

I was quite the entire time when we headed back to his place. His hand was on my lap and made a motion unconsciously while he is on his phone. His bodyguards are still with us and maybe will stay that way for a long time because of what happened to him. I was thinking about the marriage topic we talked about earlier and I think Fagan is not ready yet to be on that path. I mean, he is one of the famous bachelors in this country, a bunch of women wanted him - and most of them are from royal family members, they are rich, famous, has connections and power. And I don't have all of that. I am the complete opposite of those qualifications if that is needed.

" What's wrong? "

I glance at him from my phone. My parents texted me. My dad invited me for a lunch, while mom asked me to visit them. Maybe I will do that one of these days. Maybe it's a good excuse to distract me from these unwanted thoughts. I don't want to stress myself as much as possible from uncertain things.

" Nothing. Just my parents. "
I texted Mandy too and I assumed that she's busy with Jet since there is no reply from her. I'm wondering about work tomorrow. I hope it will be the same even though my name is published online since the media stated that I'm dating this brute beside me. I am not even sure if we're even dating. I mean there are no words from him that he is dating me exclusively. Because in my opinion we're just together but we're not dating though we fucked each other? I don't know. I'm confused either. There are a couple of times that I feel like I'm just a companion to him that he needs, nothing else.

I sighed. I hate it when I'm overthinking again. It made me anxious and frustrated.

" Is there a problem? "

" No. Can you take me to my apartment instead? There is work that I need to check from my laptop for tomorrow. "

" We can get your laptop and bring it to my house. "

" No, it's okay. I want...to rest early tonight. You need to relax too. "

He didn't say a word but he keeps staring at me then nodded. He told the driver my address and we're back in an awkward atmosphere again. I  just recall the condo, my dad gifted to me. Should I check the place after work tomorrow?

I sigh in relief that the parking area is empty. I guess the journalists got weary? I smiled at him before going I got out of his car and didn't wait for his reaction.

I took a shower when I get into my apartment, packed some things I needed for tomorrow in my unit, and hit my bed, and keep the light on cause I don't want to feel alone tonight. I forced myself to sleep because I don't want to wake up the next morning with a dark circle under my eyes.

Napansin ko ang pagiging ilag ng mga kasama ko sa trabaho - I'm not okay with it pero wala akong magawa. Ayokong ipilit ang sarili na makihalubilo sa kanila na hindi naman nila ako kinakausap. I just did my work, eat my lunch alone at the canteen because Mandy is absent today. It makes me sad that we were okay but they talk nasty things behind my back, so it's better to be alone than try to be friendly.

I checked my phone and I only received messages from Mandy saying that she's not feeling okay. I expected that I'd get nothing from him but was still disappointed. I smiled bitterly as I close my phone and continue my work again. It's almost done anyway. I emailed the firm I worked with about my decision of leaving the company's apartment and live in a condo my dad give to me rather. I need to inform them since it's one of their protocols.

Nag train ako papunta sa condo at hindi naman malayo yun mula sa pinagtatrabahuan ko kaya okay lang sa akin ang lumipat na. The place has a brand new bed, furniture, and kitchenware. Mom bought it and I'm pleased because I don't need to spend some money on other things. Excited na tuloy akong lumipat. I did some cleaning, arranged the stuff in the kitchen, and cooked my dinner. The good thing is there is a fridge to store the rest of the food I bought from the convenience store earlier. It rained all night and I slept adequately.