Chapter 2

Alonzo

As I look at the beautiful little shaken kitten in front of me I can't help but wonder, why did it had to be her? Why did she have come out while I had to kill the bastard for stealing from me? I have her trapped, I put hands on both sides of her head and look down at her, being that she's so short compared to me. "Kitten, you have terrible timing but I guess it can't be helped." She looks at me then at the other end of the ally that leads into the streets."Don't even-" before I could even finish my sentence she ducks below my arm and dashes out and down the sidewalk. I chuckle "Foolish little kitten".

                                       Anita
I don't even look back to see if he's following me. I ready run as fast I can, my old track training kicking in. I guess it is useful after all. I take turns that I know that are close to my apartment. I hide under a bridge, when I see a black SUV. Sandy hair gets out and looks around. "She couldn't have gotten far boss" a man in the car says. "Doesn't matter we know where she works" he gets back into the SUV and it drives off into the dark. I wait at least 5 minutes until I come out from underneath the bridge and begin to run home. I get home and lock my door along with all my window and closing the curtains. I sit on my couch and think about what just happened.  How will I go back to work? Knowing that he knows that I've seen him murder someone. I can't go in, at least not tomorrow. I'll just call in sick.

I somehow got myself to get up and take a shower and get into bed. I tossed and turned all night with nightmares. When I woke up I made sure to call T and tell her to tell our boss that I'm not feeling too well. She asked if I needed her to come over but I told her that's ok I'm just gonna stay in bed.

                                          Alonzo

I wake up to a empty bed, just how I like it. As I head to my bathroom to get in the shower I can't seem to get my mind off what happened yesterday.  I can't lie, I am shocked. No one has been able to get out of my sight the way that little kitten did. As I get done in the bathroom I head downstairs to my kitchen where my cook Ms.Shelia has prepared breakfast. At the table is my brother Angelo and my cousin Romano were already stuffing their faces. I roll my eyes at them " don't you two have you're own place to eat" Angelo smirks "of course brother, but Ms.Shelia isn't at our homes now is she?" Romano laughs "plus we knew we had to come over anyway so why not eat here as well?" I grab my coffee and a piece of toast "hurry the hell up fat asses and meet me in my office"

Once they were finally done stuffing their fat mouths I told them what happened last night. Romano was the first to respond "you mean to tell me that timid little beauty from the dinner got away from you?? Hmm she's a beauty and she's fast, great qualities to have" I glared at him, hearing him call her beautiful struck a nerve for some reason. I throw the feeling away. Angelo laughs "well what do you want to do?" I stand up " go to her job, and bring her here" Angelo raised an eyebrow at me "bring her here? Why? We never do that to witnesses, we don't leave any witnesses" I turned my glare on him "Questioning me brother?" He raises his hands in surrender "alright when do we leave? " I grab my jacket and head towards the door "now"

As we arrive to the dinner I look around but I don't see the little kitten anywhere. I see her friend come over to us. "Hello gentlemen welcome back, my name is Tasha, what would you like?" Angelo looks at her "Hello Tasha, do you happen to know where's the little lady that took our order yesterday?" She frowns "oh you're talking about Anita, she had to call in sick today sadly." Oh I bet she did. Romano spoke up " I would like to have coffee, cream and sugar please" I glared at him "didn't you just eat?" He shrugged "I like their coffee". I looked at Tasha "make it to go" she nodded and walked away. We went back to my house, I called for a meeting to let my men know that I killed that rat Scott for giving my money away to my bitch of a uncle Marco.

Marco. The name I've hated all my life. He's my father's older brother. He's also the man that murdered my mother and father. My mother Rene Dubois (before she was married to my father) was black and from the states, Louisiana specifically. She's pure beauty. She's where I get most of my facial features, hazel eyes, freckles and sandy brown hair. My father was on a business trip when he saw my mother working at the hotel he was staying in. He saw her and knew that she would be his wife. He says they dated about 6 months before he told her who he was ,Lorenzo Bruno, Italian mafia boss. She didn't like the lifestyle but in that short amount of time she had fell in love with my father. He explained to her how he had to go back to Italy and how he wanted her to come back with him. She was scared but he swore on his life he would protect her. 6 months later they were married. A year later I was born, 5 years later Angelo was born.

My uncle already hated my father because my grandfather passed the business down to my father instead of him. When my father married my mother his hate increased. He hated the fact that my mother was black. He said that having her will taint the family name. And having mixed children will make it even worse because they will be seen as black and the bloodline will be tainted. My father banished Marco from the family business because he knew his brother's hatred was dangerous to the family. The night of my parents death still plays in my head. Marco had formed a small army against my father and they attacked our home.

16 years ago

My mama grabbed my hand and I grabbed Angelo's hand. She brought us to she and my father's room and put us in the closet and opened a secret door. " Alonzo, you and you're brother stay in here. Do not come out for any reason." I squeezed her hand "but mama-" she cut me off "no baby please listen to mama. Don't come out. Know that you and you're brother are me and you're father's greatest treasure. I love you Alonzo and I love you Angelo" she kissed both of our foreheads and closed the secret door. I hear her close the closet door and and she runs downstairs. We hear two gunshots. Then we hear footsteps. "Where did she hide the little half breeds?!" "Boss they have to be long gone by now, I saw a van take off when we first broke in" we hear footsteps and then the front door closes. 30 minutes must have went by before we came out into our parents room. We walked into the Galway and saw bodies and blood everywhere. When we got downstairs to the living room we saw what no kid should see.

There lies our parents holding each other's hands in a pool of their own blood. I held Angelo close to me and covered his eyes. We heard the door bust open and saw some of our fathers men and our fathers younger brother, Matteo. "Nipoti!" (Nephews) he came rushing to us and stopped in his tracks when he saw our parents. "Cazzo Marco" he said in a deadly voice. "Mi dispiace tanto ragazzi" (I'm so sorry boys) . He takes us in the car and take us to his home. From then on he raised us as if we were his own sons. Me, Angelo and Romano grew up together as brothers.

End of flashback

Angelo and I have made it our lives mission to repay Marco for what he did to our parents. He is our number one enemy. He now has a bigger army but not as big as ours but the bastards are good. That's why this meeting is occurring, Scott was one of Marco's men all along. There's no telling how much of our information he has told Marco even though he was only with us 4 months. As the meeting concluded I told Angelo and Romano to stay behind.

"I want you to dig up everything you can on Anita" While having a whole cookie in his mouth Romano asked " how man? We don't know her last name" I looked at him in disgust "first stop talking with you're mouth full. What are you 3? Secondly, you've done it before for far more dangerous people than her, use that thing called you're brains" They exit the door, leaving me with my thoughts about what to do with Anita when she gets here.

Anita

My alarm goes off, which it didn't need to, due to the fact that I was basically already up. I tried my hardest to really sleep but I only got about 3 hours of rest. As I'm in the shower so many thoughts run through my mind. Is he gonna come to the diner today? Is he gonna wait until I'm alone and then shoot me? I get out the shower and get dressed. I don't have a appetite so I skip breakfast and make my way to the door.

When I open it the eyes that has haunted me since that night is looking right at me with a smirk on his face "Well good morning kitten" .