Chapter 19

Anita
Lord can I please have a break? 3 months is not long enough, he really found me?! Alonzo wants me to be his wife, after he has threatened to kill my best friend, kidnapped me, and abused me? Thank God for my father and brothers because had he found me in my house by myself, it would've been game over for me.

My dad has become completely paranoid as well as my brothers. I can't go ANYWHERE by myself, when I use the bathroom someone is with me waiting outside my door. Any time I am by the windows, someone is outside that very window. My dad also cut my hours at the company. I know I don't need to money but the job is the only feeling of normal that I have to I cling to the time that I get there. Jessica has been a great stepmom, she and I have spa days(inside of course because dad refused to let us to go a real spa), movie days, she treats me like I came from her womb and I love it. Cèdric and Lèon have been on edge. When I wake up one of them or both of them are outside my door, then they come in and personally do a sweep of my room to be extra safe.
I just want a normal life with my new family.

                                        Alonzo
I'm getting Anita back no matter what. I don't care if we have to go to war with her father, she will be my wife, I shall have no other. I have finally gotten her father to agree to have a sit down with me to discuss this matter. And honestly I am shocked, the French are not ones to deligate after giving a hard no, but the Italian and French mafia are the most dangerous illegal groups on the planet. The meeting is today, I'm taking Angelo and Romano with me along with our best guards just in case this meeting gets.....intense.

When I saw up to date pictures of Anita, it tugged something inside me. Her hair was different, she had locs, she was wearing glasses, she was wearing a beige summer dress that was flowing at the bottom but hugged her at the top and she was showing her skin. But what irked me was a man was on her left with his arm around her. Angelo came into my office and saw me staring at the picture "wow they do look alike." Wait what is he talking about? "What do you mean?" He points to the man in the picture "that is Lèon, Andre's oldest son and child, Anita's brother." Ah well that makes me feel better knowing that this is her brother and not some man trying to make a move on her. I hear Angelo scoff "oh but please brother don't breathe so easily. She looks happy and confident and she was already beautiful, who's to say she doesn't already have a man in her life that TRUELY cares for her romantically?"
If she does I can promise you this, he is a dead man. Anita is mine.

                                          Anita
Today is the day of the meeting and my father and brothers are going. I asked to go but they all yelled in unison "NO" then they all apologized for yelling at me that basically conveyed to me that they just want me to be safe. But they did say that they will FaceTime me in the iPad so that I will know what's going on. Well this shall be interesting.

                                          Lèon
My dad agreed to meet with the bastard but I don't know why,he has been very much conflicted and it's beginning to worry me that he is going to actually think about giving Anita to the Italians. We agreed to meet in a public space so we chose a restaurant. We are all there on time French on the left and the Italians on the right. We all sit down and I see Alonzo and it is taking every fiber in my being to not leap across this table and strangle him for dear life.

Alonzo is the first to speak "gentlemen thank you for agreeing to meet as this is a very...sensitive matter for everyone" I see my fathers hand clench underneath the table. "Alonzo....there is something you must know, I was your father's best friend. We grew up in this business as boys." My father pulls out pictures of him and Alonzo's father, pictures of them as kids and teens and men.I see the Italians just as shocked as me and Cèdric, our father never told us this. This could explain why he feels the way he does.  "To say that I am shocked to know what you have done to my precious princess is an understatement. I am beyond pissed, I held you as a baby , I was at your baptism and you, you are a man that has caused my baby pain. I due believe I am do an explanation here."

                                           Alonzo
What.the.hell. Here I am sitting across from my dad's very best friend and he just so happens to be Anita's father. "As I know Anita has told you the situation with Bruce" I see his eyes grow colder " I had no idea she was your daughter, with this marriage it would mean more power to end Marco as well as Bruce, revenge for my parents and revenge for Anita as well" I looked at Romano and he handed me the envelope"inside you will see and read all the information about Anita's time with Bruce, the pictures he took, the old police reports that got thrown away because he had Marco take care of it. And as well as the most recent message he has sent me in two days time"

The last message that I was referring to was letter saying that he will get Anita and use her like he use to then Marco will be coming for the Italians and the French because they put their noses where it should not have been. "There is also another thing. As you know, when a man tells the mafia that he has found a wife, a contract takes place, and the last person to sign the contract is the wife. The mafia heads have already signed off on the contract the day I told them about Anita. As you know this contract cannot be broken. Anita and I must be man and wife." Just as I said this I heard a small gasp I look over and I see one the French men holding a iPad and on it was the sweet face that I haven't seen in 3 months, Anita.

                                         Andre
Hearing my baby girl, all heads turn to the screen of the iPad. Her face red, her eyes filled with fear and worry and tears...and I can't do anything about it. Alonzo is 100% right, when the head of a mafia chooses a wife, a contract is signed and there is no going back after the men have signed. But how can I give my princess to the very man that has hurt her? I just got her back into my life! I have missed to much. "Alonzo, do you understand my hesitation?" He nods his head "I understand Andre, I know you don't want me to hurt her and as her father that is exactly what you are suppose to feel. I do owe you an apology but I owe one to Anita first." He turns and look to the iPad, my baby is silent in disbelief. " Anita....I know that you have suffered at my hands, because I have been so hot headed....not truly thinking logical, but I apologize." 

I can't believe...I have to give my baby away . "Alonzo, you CANNOT hit my princess again, now that I found her I will NOT let her out of my sight, she will be able to call me, her brothers, my wife or any member of my family WHENEVER she wants. You will not try to make her suppress who she is. And so help me God if you touch her sexually when she says no I will- " he stops me "I would never sexually assault a woman , that is something I am not capable of doing." Cèdric stands up and looks at me "Dad you cannot be serious! You're gonna hand Anita over to him?! Im leaving, Anita here I come sis." Anita hangs up the iPad. We all stand up, Alonzo looks me in the eyes "the wedding shall be in 3 weeks. I will not put my hands on her, you have my word." He holds his hand out for me to shake, I shake his hand "Alonzo I loved your parents, they were good people , but if you put your hands on my baby girl again, nothing on this earth will stop me from getting to you."