Chapter 6

Alonzo

*WARNING: PHYSICAL ABUSE IN THIS CHAPTER *

I wake up and go into the bathroom and get ready for the day. As I make my way downstairs I smell something delicious. When I get into the kitchen I see Anita at the stove cooking what looks to be pancakes along with bacon. On the side I can see she's making waffles as well. She has grits in one pot and eggs in another pan. Romano comes out the pantry holding chocolate chips, handing them to Anita. He looks at me "meeting today? " I nod my head "yes, I'm taking Travis and Brandon, but you will be able to see and hear everything, it's already set up in my office" he nods his head. Anita turns around placing the food on the island, making sure not to look at me. I can see how tense she is because I'm around, she's never like this with Angelo and Romano. I walk up to her she freezes. " when he is in my office don't disturb him, behave yourself, don't try anything stupid do you hear me?" She nods her head. "No. I need to hear words kitten" her cheeks turn a light red "yes I understand " I smirk. I see coffee and toast on a little plate the other end of the island. Did she make that for me ? I don't ask I take it and leave.

Anita
When all the food is done Romano and I take the food and sit at the table. "This is amazing buttercup!" He says with his mouth full of food. I laugh at him "thanks but you probably shouldn't talk with you're mouth full, you could choke" he doesn't say anything he just nods his head and continue to eat. It's 10 o'clock so Romano is about to listen in on the meeting. "You can go into the garden if you like or watch tv in the living room. You don't have to stay stuck up in that room " I nod at him and he leaves. I decided to go out into the garden, being around flowers are always peaceful to me. My mind drifts off into thinking about Alonzo. I look down at my arms , how the 4 cuts have turned into scabs and how my wrist now has a bruise on it. How can he have so much hatred towards me when I didn't do nothing to him? Can he really be that evil? That mean? That heartless? I try to stop thinking about him because if I don't I will get upset. I stay outside for a while, I even grab me 4 roses to bring back to my room.

I am now watching tv in the living room when Romano comes out the office "ugh I hate meetings, always long and majority of the time it's the same stuff " he goes into the kitchen "buttercup do you want a snack??" I tell him I'm fine, he comes out with chips and sit next to me. We are watching movies on the couch when we hear a loud crash outside. Romano stands up and grabs my hand, we rush into Alonzo's office . He types something in on the computer and up pops a view of the outside cameras at the gate. There's a man at the gate in a black van trying to ram the gate. Romano zooms in on it and I feel my blood run cold. It's him . He's found me. It's my mothers husband Bruce. But how did he find me in another country? Romano gets out his phone "Alonzo uno degli uomini principali di Marco è fuori dal cancello cercando di irrompere con un furgone nero!" (Alonzo one of Marco's main men is outside the gate trying to break in with a black van !) I see a bunch of men with guns run towards the gate "Ho già controllato le targhe del furgone, ho tutte le informazioni che ti aspettano quando torni.I nostri uomini stanno correndo verso il cancello ora." ( I already checked the plates of the van, I have all the information waiting for you when you get back. Our men are running towards the gate now.) my whole body feels cold and numb. He always said he'd find me no matter where I went.

30 minutes go by and Alonzo burst through the door "WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?!" I feel my heart rate pick up knowing he's talking about me but I don't know why.  he burst through the doors of the office and our eyes lock. He looks livid. He stomps over to me and yanks me up off the sofa "I KNEW SOMETHING ABOUT YOU WASN'T FUCKING RIGHT!" Romano tries to pull me away "Alonzo! Let her go she had nothing to do with-" Alonzo holds up an envelope in front of Romano's face "open it" Romano takes it from him and he opens it. I hear him gasp "Anita is this you?" I look to see he is holding a old family picture I was forced to take with my mom and Bruce. I nod my head ,Alonzo's grip gets tighter "who the fuck is he to you?! And you better not lie!" I look down "he's my stepdad " "so the bastard is using you to spy on me huh?" I whip my head up and starting shaking it no. I am not a spy for him "let me show you what I do to those who spy on me" he starts pulling me toward a door which is the basement. I try to tug and pull away from him but his grip on my wrist just tighten. Romano comes and tries to help me but Alonzo isn't listening at all. When we get down the the basement I look around in horror, there are knives, guns, gags, whips and chains. Romano comes down "Alonzo stop this right now! She's not a spy! If she was we would've picked up on it long ago!" Alonzo turns and look at Romano "BRANDON! TRAVIS!" The two blonde men come downstairs "Take Romano out of here , he is not to enter in here , if he does it's you're heads" Romano is now fighting the two men but they somehow manage to restrain him and get him out of the basement while he is screaming at Alonzo" PUT ME THE FUCK DOWN! ALONZO DON'T DO THIS! SHE IS NOT A SPY! WE WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR TH-" the door slams shut. Alonzo chains me to the wall with my back facing him.

                        * PHYSICAL ABUSE *

"Each time you lie, you will be whipped...what did you tell Bruce" I begin to cry because I know no matter what he won't believe which means I will be hurt. "P-p-please Alonzo i-I didn't tell him anything, I haven't even-" I am cut off by a sharp swift pain on my back, I cry out feeling it burn"kitten you must've not have heard me, don't fucking lie to me! What information have you stolen?!" I cry to him "I-I am not his spy plea-" 3 more lashes hit my body, the chains make noise as my body shakes from
the impact of the whip. My heart feels as if it is about to beat outside my chest. "One more time , if you don't tell the truth this time I'm gonna whip you unconscious. WHAT.THE.FUCK.HAVE.YOU.TOLD.HIM?! I scream out "I AM NOT A SPY!" Silence breaks out. "Kitten you just remember, you've made me do this" before I can even beg him not to he starts to whip me none stop.  My begging and pleading falls on deaf ears as he refuse to hear me. I don't know how long it is but my eyes fall shut and my body gives out. True to his word, Alonzo beat me unconscious with no remorse.

                                 *ABUSE OVER*

                                       Alonzo

I knew it. I fucking knew it was something about her that couldn't be trusted . She's the step daughter to Marco's right hand man. She's probably been through my files and emails. Probably even has a secret phone. As I make my way to my office I see Brandon and Travis has Romano tied up and he is still trying to get loose . " you look like a fucking fool, you and Angelo both." He shakes his head "your wrong about her ! She may be that bastard's step daughter but she is not a spy!" I turn to Travis "go move her to the cells" Brandon is about to untie Romano when I stop him "no, wait until she is moved before you untie his crazy ass" Romano glared at me "Angelo is going to be pissed as fuck with you" I snort "like I give two shits, I've been telling you and him to stop being soft on her, he'll listen to me when he finds out she's Bruce's step daughter" I begin to walk to my office "he already knows" I turn around and look down at him " how?" "While you barged in here and showed me the picture I sent it to him and told him what Anita said, he's already on his way back" I glare at him " see this is what the fuck I am talking about! Abandoning a mission for that lying whore who played you both." He glared at me" she's not lying and stop fucking talking about her like that Alonzo! Use you're fucking head and not you're anger!" I turn on my heels and leave him on the floor.

It's 11 pm, I close my laptop and begin walking to the stairs to go to my room. As I walk up the stairs my door flys open I turn around to see my little brother with anger in his eyes. " Cosa le hai fatto?" (What have you done to her?)