Chapter 13

Anita  
The next day I went into the city with Valentina to go dress shopping. On the way there I was making mental notes to notice all the places around the city, stores, shops, and most importantly a place to get a passport. Now if I can just get some money I would be fine. My thoughts were interrupted by the car stopping and Valentina telling me we are here. Though I am not a blushing bride I can deny the beauty in front of me. The dress shop was filled with beautiful dresses,all different types of styles.

We were in the dress shop for 5 hours before I chosen a dress that Valentina thought would suit me best. When I got back to the house I saw Alonzo was in his office counting money. I don't know how to count this type of currency but I do know that was a lot of money. He put it in a safe. Mental note to self: there's the money you need to escape. I see Angelo coming towards me "hi rabbit" I look at him and nod my head. I don't really trust him and Romano anymore. They knew about this so called marriage and didn't tell me. But Alonzo is their boss,brother and cousin. He frowns "please rabbit I'm sorry" I just head up to my room and lay down . I need to start working on my plan of escape. The sooner I'm out of here the better.

Alonzo

It's 6 o'clock and we're all downstairs for dinner except for my aunt and uncle who had returned home. Anita has not made it down yet. I glare"She knows the rules, where the hell is she" just as I stand up to get her she comes into the dining room with her notebook and pen in hand. She sits on the opposite end of me away from Romano, Angelo and myself. I glare at her "where the hell were you? You know dinner is at 6" she writes down "I had to use the restroom " I remained silent for a while before giving her a warning "don't be late again " she just looks down and eats her food. It was quiet until Angelo spoke up " Rabbit?"

Angelo

She looks up at me slowly and I can see in her eyes that the trust she once had in me is gone. ".. I know you are upset with Romano and because of the unfortunate circumstances" I glare at Alonzo who meets my glare " but please believe that doesn't change anything, I meant what I said to you that day in the car, I will protect you no matter what" she remains quiet, she didn't write down her reply but I can tell her eyes are conflicting on whether or not she believes me. Then my older annoying brother speaks "and as I have told you, she is not yours to protect. " Romano speaks "she is a innocent girl in a unfortunate situation because of your stubbornness and as we all know your stubbornness is a dangerous thing, so yes, she will be protected even if she is your wife" Alonzo looks at us "and what is it that you think you two will do? Please do tell me" Romano began to speak but he was interrupted by the screeching of Anita's chair. She slams a piece of paper down and turns to leave . "Anita sit down right now" Alonzo commands her. I pick up the paper and read it " I am done, I have lost my appetite"

                                      Alonzo

This girl is gonna have to learn to be obedient. "I don't give a fuck. I didn't tell you to leave sit down now" she looks at me then she runs to the foyer. I run after her and I hear Angelo and Romano run after me. I see her run up the stairs, as I am about to run after her I feel someone grab my arm. It is Romano " go after her Angelo, I'll make sure Alonzo doesn't go up there" but I push him back and walk to the stairs "no Alonzo! You are not gonna hurt this girl again, lasciala in pace!" (Leave her alone!)  I go to get my keys in to take a drive to blow off some steam before I knock both of their heads off .

                                            Anita

I was really late to dinner because I went into Alonzo's office to look at the safe but to my surprise I saw some money at the front door of the office on the floor , I picked it all up and stuffed it into my bra. Now I have to think of a way to get to the place where people purchase passports and then book a flight. But I can't go home, I know that will be the first place he will look. But I do have money in my account back home. I managed to save up $2,000 plus I also have money in an account that my grandfather left for me but I just never touched it because I thought I might need it for a rainy day. Well the rain is pouring now and I need it. Tomorrow I am being taken into town to get some shoes for the wedding but I'm gonna use it as the time to escape . Valentina won't be with me so I won't feel bad. She's such a nice woman I would hate to escape while with her knowing Alonzo would blame her for not watching me like a damn hawk. Tomorrow I'm making a run for it .