Chapter 11

Angelo
It's the next morning, Romano told me he told his parents what's going on. Our aunt Valentina is pissed. She and uncle Matteo are on their way over here and I just hope she calms down before they get here so she won't scare Anita or let the news out in a fit of rage. Not the best way for Anita to find out. Speaking of the little rabbit she walks in, she sees me and gives me a gentle smile. I hand her a notebook and pen "I know you still can't talk yet so you can use this to communicate with us" she takes it and writes "thank you" I nod my head "are you hungry?" She nods her head . Just as I'm about to start cooking I hear a banging noise on the door. Oh shit.

Anita

I jump when I hear the loud noise outside. Angelo looks nervous. That's not good, if he's nerves that I'm prettified. He comes to me "hey everything's going to be cool, it's just-" he's cut off by a woman outside "ALONZO APRI SUBITO QUESTA MALEDETTA PORTA!" (ALONZO OPEN UP THIS DAMN DOOR RIGHT NOW!) I get up and stand by the entry way of the kitchen to see whose at the door. Romano comes running down the stairs and opens the door "Mamma per favore calmati, per favore vai a- (mama please calm down,please your going to-) he's cut off by the woman, who I am assuming to be his mother. "NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! HOW CAN HE DO THIS! DRAG A GIRL FROM HER HOME COUNTRY, TREAT HER LIKE SHIT, THEN FORCE HER INTO MARRYING HIM?!"

Alonzo comes down the stairs and glares at his aunt. Drag a girl from her home- she's talking about me. Wait- did she just say marry?! I gasp when I understand what's going on. Everyone looks at me. I look up at Angelo, he has a guilty empathetic look on his face. So does Romano and his father. I look at the stairs to see Alonzo looking at me with a face I can't read. I start to step back "Rabbit I'm so sorry I-... I know that this is a lot but" he's cut off my Alonzo "we will be married in a month" My eyes widen. A MONTH?! WHAT THE FUCK?! I look up at him with a face that reads why he doesn't say anything. Nobody says anything. Feeling like the walls are closing in on me I look for an escape. I hear Alonzo say "don't you even-" before he could finish I dash out the back door in the kitchen and run into the garden. I hear my name being called by multiple people but I don't stop I just look for a place to hide.
I see a little house in the garden.

I run in and close the door and lock it

I run in and close the door and lock it. I slide down the wall. This is crazy. This is insane. Marriage? And to getting married to Alonzo?! Why?! And why did everyone know about this except me?! I can't marry him, he'll no! I'm scared of him. All he does is tells me what I can and can't do and hurts me and intimidates me. If I marry him I will never be free .How the hell can I marry someone like this? I hear my name as voices get closer. I look up to see everyone outside the house looking at me through the glass. I scoot back even further. Alonzo steps forward " come out of there now" I shake my head no. He raises his eyebrow " no? Do you really think I can't come in there just because you locked the door Anita?" He's right. He can easily get in here by breaking the glass and unlocking the door and I know he will. But I don't want to be around him, or any of them for that matter . Angelo tries to talk to me "Rabbit please come out we can talk about this?" Lies. He knows his brother is going to do what he wants and there will be nothing left to talk about. My mind is going everywhere and I began to notice my breath is speeding up and it's hard for me to breathe.

I hear Romano yell "she's having a panic attack! We've got to get her out of there" that was it , Alonzo broke the glass and unlocked the door and opened it and picked me up. My breathing picked up and I still couldn't breathe. Alonzo brings his lips to my ear "calm down kitten, calm down" but I can't. My vision is getting blurry and I see black dots cover my vision before everything goes black.

                                          Alonzo
Well shit. This isn't the way I wanted to tell her. Thanks to aunt Valentina, she found out in the worse way and now she's fainted. I put her in her room and closed the door and went downstairs into the living room. Angelo looks at me "how is she?" I sigh "she's knocked out, thanks aunt Valentina" she stands up and walks to me" THANKS TO ME?! Don't tell me you blame me for your bullshit?! This is your doing!" I roll my eyes "this is not how I wanted to tell her, your the one that came in here yelling and screaming" she glares at me "yes I did because you know this is wrong! How could you do this? Your uncle has already told me the whole situation and I mean THE.WHOLE.SITUATION. How could you put your hands on her?! How would you feel if some man were to put his hands on me or Rebecca?!" I glared at her "I'll kill him where he stands" she sighs and closes her eyes "nephew, then you understand that you are wrong" I look away from her. Yes I regret hurting Anita ok? Fuck. Yes I know I'm wrong into keeping her here but- my thoughts were cut off my uncle "look son, I know the mafia is coming down on you to marry so I understand that but, try to make this easier for her. Try to get to know her at least." I turn around to leave, I need some air.