Chapter 14

Anita
I wake up at 6 a.m. to make sure I have everything, which is not a lot, just a scarf to hide my hair when I get to the airport, which is folded in my pocket. The money is in my bra, and that's really it honestly. Around 7:30 Alonzo comes in my room. He hands me a perfect stack of money, my eyes widens, well this perfectly works in my favor. "Here's some money that should take care the shoes." I nod my head as a way to say thank you. He tells me that Travis will be taking me into town. Great one of the pervs that tried to touch me on my second day here. "And Anita, I'm reminding you not to try anything stupid. Travis is a highly trained individual and he will report back to me your actions and any stupidity will be punished. No one will save you" he says looking directly in my eyes. I'm glad I can't talk because I know he would want me to say something along the lines of 'I won't try anything' or 'I wont try to escape' knowing good and well I would be lying . He leaves me in peace and I get up ready to go downstairs.

As I reach the bottom of stairs I see Travis dressed in all black looking at me from head to toe. "Ready when you are " he smirks at me. I just walk out the door and go straight into the back of the car. The ride to the shop was dead silent and I was fine with that. When we make it to the mall, I start to feel a bit anxious , knowing this is the time where my plan will be executed. The thing is will it be executed properly.  We go into the first store and I act like I'm looking at the shoes and examining them. I am really looking at all the possible exits in my eyesight and how far they are from me.

Next we go to another store but this store also sells beautiful antiques. I look at them and as I pick one up Travis comes up to me "I think you are suppose to looking at shoes, not vases." Here it goes, I not and act like I'm about to put the vase down when I quickly turn around and kick Travis in the balls and as he bends forward I smash the vase over his head. His body instantly falls and he's knocked out cold. I check his body for his wallet , keys and his phone, I take money out of his wallet and take his phone and search where to get a passport. I got the location and I run out to the parking lot and start the engine and began to go to the passport location. I have to hurry because I know Alonzo will be calling Travis to check up on me.

I make it to my destination and luckily there was no one ahead of me. I use Google Translate to tell the person at the desk what I need . I got my passport and booked my flight and I speed to a airport. Just as I find my plane I see Alonzo is calling Travis's phone. I almost got onto my plane with the phone, knowing Alonzo probably has a tracking device in it. I chunk the phone in the nearest trash can and board my plane. Once I find my seat I hear the captain telling everyone to put their seatbelts on and as we take off I finally release the breath I was holding and began to feel my body relax. I am finally free and rid of that terrible life with that man.

                                        Alonzo
I am trying to call Travis and he is not answering. Something in my gut is telling me that something is wrong. I've tried to call 3 times and still no answer. I call Angelo downstairs into my office "I need for you to track Travis's phone, I've called him 3 times and he has not answered " Angelo opens the laptop and with each passing second I become more impatient and anxious. I told that girl don't try nothing stupid and how foolish it would be for her to even think to attempt anything. "Got it-uh oh" I go over to look "what is it??" He scratches his neck "uh it seems that his phone is at the airport "  the what?! "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HIS PHONE IS AT THE AIRPORT?! TRACK THE TRUCK!" He start typing trying to find the truck. There is no way he would take her to the airport, Travis is no damn idiot, he knows the penalty for going against me is death. "The truck is at the airport too" I grab my keys off the desk and run into my garage with Angelo behind me "Angelo I am in no mood for your shit" he shakes his head "no I am going with you to make sure you don't do nothing stupid" oh brother trust me I am not the one who has done something stupid. That person appears to be your precious rabbit. We get into my car and I race to the airport "pull up that picture of Anita on your phone" we're gonna have to ask these people at the airport has they seen this girl.

Anita when I find you, I will make sure you regret what you have done. Your gonna wish you never left me.