41

Lauren’s POV:

It’s been three days since I left the girls behind and trust me it’s hard. I miss them so much but I’m happy that I get to reunite with my family for a while. I’ve been texting, FaceTiming and calling the girls none stop since I left. Me and Camz even had sex on FaceTime and we’ve been sexting every night so far! I’ve had loads of love off Twitter since I explained everything in my twit longer. Fans all over the world trending; #StayStrongLauren, #CamrenIsReal, #WeLoveYouLauren, #WeMissYouLauren… which really makes me smile. Today is my first session with my therapist and I’d be lying if I told you I wasn’t dreading it! My parents said hopefully these sessions will boost my self-esteem and stop the hate getting to me.

“LAUREN! IT’S TIME TO GO!” My mom yelled from downstairs making me groan as I made my way down the stairs.

“Do I have to? I’m fine.” I whined.

“Lauren, by the sounds of it, you’ve been saying ‘I’m fine’ for a while now. You’re depressed, you’re ill, Lauren.” My mom sighed as we walked to the car.

“I’m better now.” I mumbled.

“Laur, you nearly died! If you don’t get help, god knows what’ll happen next.” My mom cried.

“Mom, I’m sorry, please don’t cry.” I hugged her.

“Come on, get in.” My mom jumped in the car as I walked around the other side and climbed in as I was shitting myself with worry.

“Honey, I know you’re scared but you need to tell your therapist how you’re feeling, don’t hold back anything.” My mom began to drive.

After a very slow drive, we were finally parked outside of the rehab centre. We both climbed out of the car and walked into the terrifying building.

“Hello, my daughter has an appointment with Mrs Lovato.” My mom smiled at the women behind the desk.

“Are you Lauren Jauregui?” She asked as we nodded.

“Take a seat; she’ll be with you in a minute.” She smiled as we thanked her.

“Take a deep breathe baby, you’ll be fine.” My mom kissed my head as I nodded.

“Miss Jauregui?” A women called.

I stood up slowly, hugged my mom and made my way over to the woman. I nervously sat down on one of the chairs and she sat down opposite me.

“Hello Lauren, I’m Mrs Lovato you’re therapist but you can call me Demi.” She smiled. Well, she seems nice enough.

“Hi.” I say awkwardly.

“I hear that you’ve just recently been ran over by a car, is that correct?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah…I erm, well, me and my girlfriend had been having some issues and I ran off and ended up drunk and got hit I guess.” I mumbled shyly.

“And why were you and your girlfriend having issues?” She asked.

“I saw her hugging a boy and she lied and said she was on her own so I thought she was cheating on me.” I whispered, tears forming in my eyes.

“It’s okay Lauren, let it out.” She squeezed my leg comfortingly.

“I also hear that you’ve been cutting?” She questioned motioning for me to show her my wrists.

“I was er, being bullied online by many people because of my sexuality, looks, my girlfriend, me being in a girl band...” I sighed.

“You need to know that you’re better than them, Lauren. They thought they’d won but they haven’t! Here you are fit and healthy, with a wonderful family, friends and the love of your life.” She smiled. God, I love her! She’s so understanding and caring and makes me feel so much better about myself.

“Wow, I’ve only been here five minutes and I already feel better.” I smiled as she laughed.

“Well I try!” She smirked flipping her hair as we both giggled.

“Right well I think that’s it for this week. I’ll ask reception to give you some depression leaflets and some tablets and I’ll see you next week.” She smiled.

“Woah, that’s it? Just five minutes every week?” I asked shocked that it was over so quickly.

“Well, yeah. It depends on what’s happened really. Some patients take forever to tell me what’s happened so sometimes I’m here hours but with you I’m lucky I guess, you get straight to the point.” She laughed as I stood up to leave the room.

“Don’t you mean I get gay to the point?!” I mumbled.

“What did you say?” She asked not hearing what I said.

“Oh nothing.” I smirked. “Thanks Demi, see you next week.” I smiled leaving the room and running into my mom’s arms.

A/N: Where are you guys all from? I’m from the UK haha J xx