Chapter 8 - The psychological game

A short girl, whose dark auburn hair was blowing in the wind, was marching confidently down the sidewalk of a busy street, where cars passed one after another like roller coaster wagons. At one point she looked around the area, then turned her steps into another street. She continued walking for a short while, and when she finally reached her destination, she paused to get a better look at the building in front of her.

'So this is the university in Dusseldorf...'

Emiko decided to start searching for Rudi Gillen from the place where he met and studied with her brother - that is, from the University in Dusseldorf. After quitting her part-time job and checking out of the hostel in Frankfurt, she went on another trip with her luggage. She hoped she would find out something interesting, but before that could happen, she needed to find someone she needed help from.

She stared at the college building for a long moment, then turned her steps inside the building to look for a place where she could find the information she needed. First, Emiko decided to visit the secretary's office and learn something about the graduates.

'All in all, I could say that I'm the younger sister of a graduate who knew Rudy Gillen, and that she is busy with her family and she only gave me information about her university, because she lost contact with him...' Walking, the girl slowed down a little pace and looked around the corridors where she saw a group of students. She immediately approached them.

"Hi, excuse me, how do I get to the secretariat?" They turned around and looked at her curiously.

"Go straight ahead and behind the mezzanine, turn to the left." One of the girls answered her.

"Thank you." Emiko smiled kindly at her and turned around to go on further, but something unexpected happened.

"Was it a freee~shgirl for the next year?" One of the boys chuckled meanly, making the rest of the group struggle to refrain from laughing. The young woman stopped in her mid-step and slowly turned around, taking on the sweetest expression she could do.

"You aren't sooo~ amazing, darling. When I'll start studying here, you can ask me for a date, but please, do it in a more subtle way, okay?" Emiko sent another smile towards the confused boy, and then as if nothing had happened, she started walking away.

"I-I am... not gonna ask you on a date!" He exclaimed confusedly at her, but she wasn't listening to him anymore as she was focused on what to say when she will reach her destination. She quickly walked away without looking back, and disappeared behind the next corner, leaving the group of students stunned.

"Nice chick... Hey, Hans! You're all red!" Said the girl, who had shown Emiko the way a moment earlier; now bursting out laughing.

"Because she...!!"

The rest of the group burst into loud laughter that spread throughout the university. The neighborhood children were teasing Emiko in her childhood, Hiro was teasing her now... but thanks to these constant and constant struggles, she learned how to shut people's mouths in a simple and effective way - all she had to do was a playing a small role; a bit like in the movie, to show them what they least expected at the moment...

****

Emiko touched the secretariat's handle, but suddenly she stopped herself from pressing it and going inside.

'Wait... If I say that I'm the younger sister of a graduate, they may ask about her identity. Wait a minute... I have to come up with something new-' She didn't finish her thought, because someone pressed the handle on the other side and swiftly opened the door wide. Emiko came face to face with a lady in a white blouse and tied up hair.