Chapter 10 - The chaos city

Although Emiko was ready for the continuation of her wandering, she wasn't able to return to it right away. The next day, after finding out about her brother's true motive and everything that had happened so far, she decided to continue her journey. At first, however, she asked Dr. Gillen not to tell Kenzo that she had come here especially for him. She knew that he would start to worry about her a lot right away, and this isn't the time for that, as he needs to focus on more important things now - for looking for the truth.

She thanked Mr. Rudy for the conversation, bowed like in Japanese, and was about to leave, but Dr. Gillen stopped her at the last moment.

The man felt partially responsible for the young woman, as he didn't want to expose his friend's younger sister to danger, so he proposed to stay with him for the next high-profile case with Tenma. Since Kenzo is gone again without a trace and his sister already knows everything, she doesn't need to risk unnecessarily. Emiko didn't want to agree with it and tried to reject this proposal, but she couldn't find a strong enough argument. Dr. Gillen was adamant.

Ultimately, the girl stayed.

In order not to waste time unnecessarily, young Tenma took a part-time job as a waitress at a local bar, she browsed the morning newspaper every day and... started some secret activity.

Dr. Gillen spent most of the day at work, which meant he came home in the late afternoon, which gave Emiko a wide range of possibilities and she decided to take full advantage of it. Rudy Gillen never found out that in the afternoons while he was still working... Emiko was training at the shooting range.

It wasn't her first encounter with a firearm. Already in Japan, when she turned sixteen, her father taught her the basics of what and how to use it. He was of the opinion that Emiko should be able to defend herself regardless of the situation that would happen to her in her life, although at the same time he hoped that she would never have to use this knowledge. But if he had known then that in the future she would want to use it for what she planned to do now... he probably would never have shown it to her.

****

The next few months passed, and finally one October morning news came of another murder of a middle-aged couple, this time in Hamburg. As soon as Emiko read about it in the morning newspaper, she quit her job immediately, left a note for Rudy Gillen, and continued her further journey.

When Dr. Gillen came home from work that day, he didn't find the girl at his house as he always did, which made him a bit unsettled. During these few months he had managed to like her not only because she was his friend's sister, but also because she was a reasonable and kind person.

The man checked all the rooms in the house, then finally entered his office.

'Where she is? She should be home by now...'

His eyes fell on the envelope on the desk. He quickly walked over to it and looked inside, where he saw a large sum of money and a folded piece of paper with a message.

Dear Mr. Rudy,

Thank you for everything you have done for me over the last few months, I am very grateful to you for all the help I have received. Today I found out about another case related to my brother, so I immediately go there. Please accept this money in exchange for my stay at your house. Again, thank you very much.

Emiko

PS. Dinner is in the fridge, just warm it up.