Chapter 17 - In the arms of Death

Not long after the fire in the Munich library, all of Dr. Reichwein's friends gathered for a meal in a small diner on one of the main streets, concerned about the latest news from both the press and television.

During the fire at the ceremony, several people were killed and many others injured. It was also confirmed that a black-haired Asian man was seen on the spot, who helped the imprisoned people get out and thanks to him an even greater tragedy didn't happen. However, no one knew what happened to the Japanese doctor afterwards.

"It was a mistake to rely on Lunge, the BKA agent." Dr. Gillen said, sitting with the others at the wooden table on which the dishes had already been laid out by the staff.

"Yes." Dr. Reichwein agreed, chewing on a piece of his white sausage. "I think we also need to change our behavior." His ex-student nodded slightly.

"The next time we deliver the evidence to the police, we should speak directly to the people 'upstairs'. Not only this. We shouldn't give them the materials until we have finished our investigation."

"Our investigation?" Nina Fortner turned to Dr. Gillen. "How long will it take?"

"At the moment our information on Johan is too inaccurate and unclear. Schuwald, Johan's employer... I think he knows something, but they still don't let visitors in. How is his son, Karl?" The man turned to Lotte sitting next to him.

"He left about two days ago... I have no contact with him since then." She replied a bit saddened.

"According to the testimony of most witnesses, it appears that there was an Asian who was helping people." Dr. Reichwein interrupted.

"If Tenma's fingerprints are found on a sniper rifle, no testimony will be of any use to us." Dr. Gillen's eyes narrowed in concern.

"How long do we have to wait?" Nina spoke to him and he turned his head to her. "There isn't much time left! If the police find out the truth and go to action... When that happens... Tenma will then..." She said the last sentence a little softer than the previous one, leaving everyone at the table feeling depressed.

"Nina..."

"Nina, I understand how you feel. I also have recently lost an important friend, Richard. He had a beautiful future ahead of him, but Johan took it from him! I won't stop! No matter what happens!" The girl looked at him again with worry written in her eyes, and the older man stuck another portion of the sausage on his fork. "Now let's eat." After that they continued their meal again.

After a long moment, Dieter spoke up unexpectedly.

"I wonder if there was also a big sis..." The blonde with a question in her eyes looked at the boy.

"Big sis...?"

"Dr. Tenma's sister." Dr. Reichwein explained to her as he sliced another piece of his sausage. "Dr. Gillen, I heard you know Emiko Tenma?" Nina listened to this unknown situation with surprise. Dr. Tenma... has a sister...?

"Yes, I met her over a year ago when she came to me about an analysis of Johan's messages. I couldn't believe then that she was really Tenma's younger sister..."

"Tenma's sister is in Germany?" Nina decided to speak up. "It means that she had to come..."

"From Japan." The criminal psychologist explained to her. "I saw her passport with my own eyes. She came here on purpose to help her brother. She also believes in his innocence..."

"Big sis said she wouldn't let Tenma do this terrible thing." Dieter replied as he scooped up another spoonful of soup.

"What does she look like?"