Voices

My mind was set on one thing the moment I woke up in Stray Kids Headquarters once again.

I needed to get home.

No matter what it took.

I couldn't stay here another night.

'I do not belong here and every minute spent here is a threat to my life' I told myself. And to my sanity.

The voices in my head kept on screaming at me.

If they wouldn't let me go, escaping was my only option. I just had to wait for the right moment to slip away.

Someone softly knocked on the door of my room, making me jump in surprise.

"Can I come in?" Chan asked carefully and I agreed. He gave me a slight smile and entered the room.

"I thought about what you told me last night and I understand that you want to go home and I'm sorry I can't let that happen yet" he explained as if he heard my thoughts and knew my plan. I stared at my feet, hoping not making eye contact would stop him from reading my mind.

"But I can tell how you hate to not be able to get out of here so I came to invite you on a mission with us."

I looked up at him in shock, catching his hopeful eyes and the smile plastered on his face.

"What?" I couldn't believe his proposal.

"Well, it's not a dangerous mission per se, we're just going back to Miroh and sort some things out and you don't have to come with us if you don't want to-"

"Yes" I blurted out, surprising him this time.

This mission was going to be my way out of this maze.

I had to use this opportunity.

I was going to save myself.

When we arrived at Miroh, most of the members had joined the mission. Apart from Felix, everyone was present and ready to "sort some things out". Chan had assigned a task to each of them during the drive there, but I was too deep in thought to listen.

If all of them were there I couldn't just escape through the back door quietly.

Running away also would not be an option, considering my abilities and comparing them to those of the 7 men in front of me.

What was I going to do?

I couldn't let this chance pass. It might be my only one.

"Y/N?" Chan called my name. "Would you stay with me?" I gulped at his question.

He meant to stay by his side on the mission of course and follow after him through his club but the way he worded it and the look his kind eyes gave me made me feel like he meant something different.

It felt like he knew what I was about to do again and pleaded with me not to go.

But I couldn't grant him his wish.

I nodded and followed after him, realizing my only possibility.

The only way I could go home was to call for help...

Sana was a great friend but I highly doubted that she would be of great help against the most dangerous gang in town.

Chan opened a door and signaled me to go in before him.

"Um... I'm sorry, I think I need to go to the toilet" I stammered, my heart racing in my chest.

Chan took a deep breath as if he was in a mental battle with himself and nodded, giving me a simple "Ok" before entering the room himself, leaving me in the hallway.