FAM

Everything that happened next happened so fast. He let go of me when he noticed the helicopter coming closer. A mumbled curse escaping his lips. 

"Get inside". It was an order I knew to follow. No questions asked. 

I didn't know if I should get inside as fast as possible and run or if I shouldn't let whoever just disturbed our date know my goal. I didn't dare to ask.

I settled for a quick pace to reach the door. Once I reached it, the helicopter was almost above our heads. I pressed the handle, expecting the door to fly open. Instead I couldn't even press down on the handle. 

"It won't open!" I had to yell in order for Chan to hear me, the sound of the helicopter drowning out my voice. He jogged towards me and pressed down on the handle the way I did before, using even more force when the door didn't budge. 

"It's locked" he stated, grimacing. "Barricaded," he growled.

What?

"How is that possib-" My eyes widened when I understood the only possible way the door got locked from the inside. Chans jaw tightened. We both knew.

Sana.

"She- she probably did so I would be forced to talk to you and I couldn't escape-" She's my friend. She's our ally. 

She's my best friend. 

Chan furrowed his eyebrows. "I think you're right about one part". 

The helicopter was now landing on our property. My hair flew in all directions, covering my face and his. We had to scream to understand each other despite standing right next to each other.

"She didn't want you to escape."

It couldn't be. I shook my head no, not accepting a single thought to doubt Sana.

She wouldn't have any bad intention. 

"Who is it?" I tried to push my hair out of my face to see whoever just landed on our roof. A pair of long legs with designer shoes getting out of the heli.

"It's NCT. Stay behind me." He took my hand and pulled me behind him. The wind and loud noise coming to a halt.

Of course it was. 

Johnny Suh walked up to us like he was walking the catwalk on a fashion show. A big grin plastered on his face, exuding confidence.

"Hello there," he had arrived in front of us. "So sorry to interrupt your little couple talk".

Chan scoffed in annoyance. "Don't act like you care," he spat. "What the fuck do you want, Suh?" His grip on my hand tighten slightly. 

"I'm here to invite you to dinner on Taeyeongs behalf, Y/N". I stuck my head out behind Chan at the mention of my name, Johnnys eyes finding mine. 

"Oh, fuck off" Chan furrowed his brows. "She's not going anywhere with you". 

Johnny cocked an eyebrow. "Why don't you let your girlfriend speak for herself?"

That title sounded weird. But then again, everything about this situation was weird. 

I took a step out of my newly declared 'boyfriends' shadow to face the intruder. 

"I'm not trying to influence your decision by any means but I do need to inform you of the benefits of saying yes to the invitation". That definitely sounded more like a threat. I could feel Chan tensing up next to me.

"So of course the first thing would be that all of our men surrounding the building currently, ordered to assassinate each one of your members would be pulled off. Living sounds great if you ask me". He shrugged his shoulders in amusement. 

"Secondly, we won't harm you." He turned to me. "Not necessarily at least," he added and I gulped. I waited for a third point of positive outcomes but there wasn't one.

"How can I trust you?" 

He put his hands up in defense. "I'm the most honest person in this business, honey". 

If I go I might not see Chan ever again. If I don't he and everyone else in this building might die trying to protect me. And if I survived the guilt would eat me up.

I had finally been happy for that split second before everything was awful again. 

Maybe some people aren't meant to be happy.

For Yeji and her team.

For Jihyo and hers.

For Stray Kids.

For Sana.

For Chan.

"Okay". I squeezed Chans hand and tried to let go but he spun me around to be in his arms again.

"No!"

"Chan, I have to," I could feel the tears collecting in my eyes. "You need to protect Stray Kids". And so do I.

"I'm not going to lose you again". I tried my best not to let them fall at his words, forcing a smile onto my lips. 

"I'm kind of an expert of breaking out of wherever I'm held hostage, remember?" My joke didn't light up the mood in the slightest. 

"I'll get you out, I promise", he kissed my cheek and I straightened my back to fake confidence, preparing for yet another kidnapping.

"Next time we meet I want that tattoo". My fingers ran over the black inked letters on his neck that fascinated me ever since the first time I laid my eyes on them.

With that I walked towards the enemy, wasting no time looking back. My heart wouldn't be able to survive the broken look on Chans face if I did, I knew that. 

"I knew you'd make the right decision", Johnny said as he guided me into the helicopter. I gave him a cold look, my brain working twice as fast because of all the adrenaline. 

"How? You barely know me?" I had to question everything and find out as much information as I could about NCT and there whereabouts. That was my self-given mission. 

"You're just a smart girl, that's why", he replied quicker than he should've. That was another lesson Jisung had thought me. How to spot a lie.

"Thought you were known for being honest?" I raised an eyebrow. "Maybe you're just a very bad liar". Johnny laughed at that and nodded his head in agreement. 

"You got me there. Well I'm going to break your heart anyways, are you sure you want me to start with that immediately?" He actually seemed to be concerned for me. I squinted my eyes at him.

"I refuse to let anyone other than myself break my heart". He smiled at my statement and signaled for the pilot to take off. 

"You're strong and smart. I think you've figured it out yourself already."

No.

It can't be.

'I fucking like you Johnny Suh!' 

She had called him.

She had helped him.

She had betrayed me. 

"Sana."