Chapter 1 - Meet the roommates

"Hey, are you okay Mikasa? You look a little worried", Jean looked at me and squeezed my hand. I just sighed as we made our way up the stairs to my apartment.

Today, after two weeks of dating, Jean was finally going to meet Eren and Armin. The disaster waiting was unavoidable.

As if college was not difficult by itself, I had to deal with my lovely roommates. I lived with them all my life, so we weren't going to change that just for college, but at the same time they could be such a pain.

Despite our three different majors, the three of us were able to get accepted into the same college in New York City. It was here were I met Jean, and we automatically became quick friends and it was even quicker when we started to date each other.

I pushed through my floors door and walked over to the apartment door, while digging for my keys in my purse.

As I stood in front of the door, I could already hear the 'Fall Out Boy' blasting from the room. I pushed the key into the hole but was truly reluctant to actually turn it.

"Mikasa, I don't understand why you are so...upset about this! But it won't change anything. I promise", Jean lightly smiled as he put an arm on my shoulder.

I gave him a small smile in return. "Okay, you're right". I let out a breath before turning the key and solely pushing the door open.

Music blasted from a small speaker which echoed off of the small walls of the kitchen.

"We're on fire growing old! We're on fire growing old!" Eren and Armin were screeching at the top of their lungs, backs turned to us, as they were playing on their newly acquired Switch. I rolled my eyes, as I managed to manoeuvre my way in front of the TV, nearly killing myself tripping over the stack of video games they were playing.

"Mikasa! Get out of the way!" Eren yelled over the music, trying to see me around me to play his game. I ignored him as I grabbed Armin's phone off the table, pausing the music.

"Seriously, What the hell?" The blonde grumbled. I had to admit, Armin changed a lot since high school. He spoke his mind more often which was fine with me.

"Guys, can you just pause the game for five seconds? I need you to meet Jean"

Jean was still standing at the door, with his hands shoved in his pockets observing the scene. I wasn't surprised that he had not said anything, since he probably thought that I was rooming with a group of girls. I had never specifically motioned gender or names prior to him walking in.

"Jean, this is Eren and Armin" I pointed out to each of them, Eren, Armin; this is my boyfriend, Jean.

Eren put down his controller and leaned over the back of the couch with a fist bump, Armin followed in suit. It was really weird how guys tended to talk to each other, especially to girls. I quietly took of my jacket, leaving my red scarf on per usual.

"Do you want something to drink?", I asked Jean.

"Yeah, I'll have water" He said, looking over at the boys. I quietly walked over to the small kitchen area, grabbing a water bottle and a bottle of red wine from the fridge. Both in hand, I also grabbed a wine glass from the cabinet.

I headed back towards the living area, handing Jean the water bottle and pouring myself a glass of wine. Wine glass in hand, I ushered Jean to sit on the loveseat and I sat next to him, cross legged.

"Isn't it a bit early to be drinking?" Eren Teased

"Nope, its 4 O'clock and you're the one who is giving me the headache"

"So cold, Mika, so cold", Eren shook his head, not breaking eye contact with the damn TV.

Jean was still silent, so I leaned my head on his shoulder, "Thanks for coming over", I smiled.