Chapter 8 - I didn't mean it

Armin parked the car in front of the hospital that Dr.Jaeger worked at. I really didn't want to be here, but I had to get my back x-rayed.

"I'll bring you inside," Eren said in a sing-song voice.

"I can walk," I mumbled as I carefully got out of the car and started walking towards the revolving door. I felt an arm slide around my waist, Eren wanting to help me.

"There's ice," he said as I put my hand on his back and pulled up my scarf. I didn't let Eren see it, but I did allow a smile.

We went to the reception desk, and we were brought to a room with almost no wait. Perks of Eren being the doctor's son.

Eren lifted me on the table, then him and Armin took the seats.

"Here do you want a coloring book Mikasa?" Armin asked, teasingly, "There are crayons too."

"You're an idiot," I rolled my eyes, taking my phone out of my sweatshirt pocket. I actually had messages for once, since Christa put me in a group chat. She and her friends were trying to devise a plan that would get Eren to notice me or something. I told them that it was useless, but they were pretty persistent.

The door opened, revealing Dr. Jaeger and another young woman.

"Hi dad," Eren got up and hugged his dad, and I smiled. They used to not have the best relationship, but after his mom died they had grown a lot closer.

"Hello Armin, Mikasa." He hugged the two of us as well. "Oh, and this is our back specialist Dr. Lisa."

"Hello, so how did you hurt your back?" I retold the story, while glaring at Eren. She asked me questions about past injuries as well as what was hurting and where.

"Okay, can you please change into a gown then we'll take you to get an X-ray done." She said, handing me the paper dress and then leaving with Dr.Jaeger.

"You two better not look," I grumbled, loosening the scarf off of my neck.

"Let me help you off of the table, and then I'll turn around." Eren offered, lifting me down from the table.

He and Armin turned around and I quickly pulled off my sweatshirt and shirt, slipping the gown on. After that was secured, I removed my boots and jeans.

I hated wearing these damn hospital gowns; someone could literally rip this off in seconds.

"Okay, I'm good." The boys turned around.
Eren smirked, "There's my princess. This is the only time I've ever seen you in a dress, except at my mom's funeral I think."

"Oh shut up, you know I don't like dresses." I rolled my eyes, eyeing my scarf that I had folded on the table.

"We really have to do something about that scarf, you can't wear it everywhere." Eren noticed my glance, and I blushed with embarrassment. I just shrugged, wondering if he didn't want me to wear it. Was I embarrassing him because of it?

I was saved by Dr.Lisa coming back in to take me for my X-Ray, which went by fast.

We went back to the hospital room, where Dr.Jaeger was talking to his son and Armin.

"So Mikasa, does that sweatshirt have Jaeger on the back of it?" He said in an amused tone as Eren groaned.

"Yeah," I said cautiously.

"Are you two dating each other?" And Eren quickly stood up.

"Nope! She just likes to wear me and Armin's close a lot, right Armin?" He looked at Him and Armin nodded, "We are NOT dating."

I nodded in agreement, but looked down. Usually this doesn't bother me, but it upset me how sure Eren was about us not dating.

"You don't have to be so upfront about it, Eren." Armin scowled. I had forgot, he had figured out that I liked him.

"What do you mean, Armin?"

"Nothing." He made a face and looked away, just as Dr. Lisa entered once again.

"Good news! There is no bone damage so it was most likely just a muscle pull. You should feel fine within the next week, just try not to walk too much or attempt anything that might make it worst. Take pain medication every day, and also try soaking in hot baths to soothe the muscle. Also, I'm sure these two boys are perfectly able to give massages at anytime." She said with a wink.

"Well, I have a girlfriend! Have fun with that Eren!" Armin playfully nudged his friend.

"Dude, it's not like its sexual or anything-"

Armin interrupted Eren, "Says the one who was showering with her! What were you doing in their anyways-"

"Not listening!" Eren covered his ears as his face flushed red. I was blushing too, as the doctors were laughing at us.
~
While on our way home, the car phone starting ringing. Since Eren was driving, he pressed the answer button.

"Hey", A voice greeted, and I immediately knew that it was Annie.

"Hey Annie, what's up. Just warning you, you're on the car speakerphone," Eren was smiling.

"Who are you with?"

"Armin and Mikasa"

"Oh cool," she didn't even say 'hello' to us, "Do you want to come over tonight? My roomates away". I held my breath, and I saw Armin making a gagging motion in the passenger's seat.

"Sure, I'll come by at six", Eren answered.

"Okay, see you then", She hangs up, and Armin made a face.

"Dude, when did your relationship get physical?"

"It isn't", Eren insisted, rolling his eyes.

"Then why did she tell you that her roommate isn't home?"

"It's not like that; you can say that in a non-sexual way you know"

I bit my lip. I knew that she said that just because she knew that we were listening. I could hear it in her voice.

"She meant it that way," I said, trying not to be bitter. "I mean, when was the last time that I told you that we should hang out when Armin isn't around?"

"Why are you two so mad about this? I told you we have not had sex. We haven't even kissed. Why are you so against her?" I could tell that I hit a string with Eren.

"It's not that, Eren." Armin put a hand on his shoulder, "It's just that we don't particularly love her. She's fine, but we know that you can do better. She just doesn't seem to have any personality at all and she is always so negative"

"Mikasa is like that! and you don't say anything about me hanging out with her".

I felt my heart drop. He did not just say that.

"What does she have to do with this?" Armin clenched his teeth, "You're not acting like yourself, why would you say that about Mikasa?"

I tried to push back my anger, but I wasn't able to contain it, "Oh yeah I have no personality," I said sarcastically, "I'm so sorry that I'm so negative all the time, you know sometimes that what happens when your parents are murdered in front of your face"

"Mikasa I-"

"Oh no, it's okay. I know that you 'don't mean it' and that it 'won't happen again'. You know what? Eren, go fuck yourself", I crossed my arms and looked out the window.

I should have felt good about getting that off my chest, but I automatically felt horrible. I knew that Eren was someone who had issues with accidentally hurting people's feelings, and yet I didn't let him apologize.

"I didn't mean it like that, Mikasa." Eren looked back at me, "I was just angry and I-"

I cut him off again, "Well, I was angry and I told you that. And I don't regret it", I lied.

I continued to look out the window. This time, I wasn't going to be as forgiving. This time, he would pay.