Chapter 6 - Kidnapping

For starters, getting woken up at four am is not a pleasant thing. But, it was even worse when a certain boy by the name of Eren Jaeger is the one to wake you up.

He could have just called my name, or maybe even shake me awake if he didn't want to wake up Armin, but no.

This son of a bitch picked me up. Note, this is something that a freaking kidnapper would probably do, and therefore I freaked out.

I felt arms lift me up from my bed, and I was instantly awakened. I punched Eren in the stomach and rolled out of his arms gracefully onto the floor.

"Ah, Mikasa!" Eren cried out, landing on the floor next to me.

I relaxed a bit when I heard his voice, but then was quickly reminded that he was in fact the one who tried to pick me up.

"Eren, you little piece of-" I sat up, but was shocked by the amount of pain I felt in my lower back. I must have landed pretty hard on the floor, and my back was still weak from my past injury.

Eren got on his feet, "Okay, so time for ice cream". He cheered, ignoring the fact that he pretty much just threw me on the floor to wake me up. To be honest, I was surprised that Armin managed to sleep through that.

Eren offered me his hand, and I took it, but gasped in pain as yanked me up.

"Hey are you okay, Mika?" He steadied me when I almost fell over.

"I'm fine," I pushed him away, "And for the last time, do not call me Mika"

I pretty much limped through the doorway and stationed myself on the couch.

Eren just shrugged, and headed towards the kitchen to grab the ice cream. I'm not the biggest fan of sweets, but if Eren wanted to do something nice for once, then so be it.

He sat down next to me with a carton of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and handed me a spoon.

"Thank you," I mumbled, still trying to blink sleep out of my eyes. My back felt like it was on fire, but I ignored it for the time being. We sat in silence, enjoying the chocolate icecream with only the light from the kitchen barely illuminating the dark room.

"I don't think I tell you as much as I should how much you mean to me". Eren looked at me, a small smile playing on his lips, "I feel like I take having you as an advantage way too often"

I felt a blushed creep up on my cheeks, and I pulled up my scarf. "Same, Eren. You're always there for me no matter what"

We were silent for another minute, then Eren spoke up, "You know, you never told me why you wear my scarf".

"It's cold," I quickly told him.

He smiled again, "But you wear it, even when it's not cold, Mikasa"

I took a deep breath, I never really wanted to tell him why I wore his scarf. It was kind of embarrassing.

"Well, It's kind of stupid, really. That night ten years ago, I kept it with me while I slept as if that would keep you from killing yourself. And then, after that it just reminds me that I have someone there for me"

I was blushing so much, and my heart was beating really fast. I had never told anyone that.

"That's not stupid," Eren put an arm around my shoulder, "I do the same, just I always keep tabs on you"

He paused, "Wow, that seemed really stalker-ish. What I mean, is that I made sure to be able to tell your emotions. I know a lot about you, Mikasa"

"I noticed, you always know when I'm upset", I said, remembering the countless times that he would stay in my room overnight to make sure that I didn't try anything stupid.

"I just wish, that you would be more open. Like, I want to know what you think of me. I just want to see you happy, I think it's been years since I've even heard you laugh." Eren looked into my eyes, and I felt like I was melting.

This was the Eren that I loved. The Eren that held me in his arms, who looked at me like I was the most important person in the world.

"Eren, I want to be happy, truthfully. I just feel like I just can't." I admitted, and he put the ice cream down, and intertwined his fingers through mine.

"Then be happy, no one can tell you whether or not you're happy except for yourself." He kissed my cheek.

My heart was beating so hard, I thought that it would explode. I always thought that there was no way that I could be in love with Eren, but at the same time... It couldn't be that bad.

I felt my eyes grow heavy, and I rested my head on Eren's shoulder. He kissed my temple, lingering there, before gently leaning his head on mine. I could feel his heart beat, and I wondered if he felt the same about me.

<><><><><>
When I woke up a few hours earlier, the first thing I noticed was that Eren was gone. I looked around dazed, and I saw Armin in the kitchen with his head buried in a book.

"Armin, I'm leaving!" Eren ran from our room and out the door, not even glancing at me.

"Good luck, man." Armin called out before the door slammed shut.

"Armin?" I asked, still not moving from the couch. My entire body felt stiff, and I didn't even want to know what my back would feel like once I tried to move.

"Oh, good morning Mikasa." He smiled and moved into the living room, "Sleep okay?"
I glanced at the door, "Where was Eren going?"

"Annie invited him to a coffee shop, why?" I felt my heart drop. I guess that he didn't feel anything for me after all. I sighed, trying to hide my disappointment from Armin. I attempted getting up, but pain enveloped my entire back. I gasped, collapsing back into the couch.

"Woah," Armin rushed to my side, "What's a matter?"

I took a deep breath, cringing from the pain.

"Eren dropped me on my back last night, I'm fine though."

"You're not fine," Armin insisted.

"Yeah I am, can you get my phone from the bedroom, please?", I don't know why, I just felt the need to check one thing.

"Sure, and I'm getting you some pain meds and pillows, too." Armin quickly got up. I really didn't want special attention, but he probably wouldn't take no as an answer.

He tossed me my phone, before heading to the bathroom. I quickly unlocked it and opened Instagram, going straight to Eren's profile.

Just as I guessed, there was a picture of the two us from last night, but then I looked at the comments. The name on the third one stuck out, as if it was teasing me.

Annie Leonhardt.