Chapter 13 - Why are you so hot?

I was awoken to someone entering my bed. I gasped, not knowing who it was.

"Sorry Mikasa, I'll go back to my bed," I sighed in relief when I heard Eren's voice.

"No, stay - It's fine, I didn't know who it was," I said, yawning. God knows what time it was. I lifted the covers so that Eren could slip in with me, and I felt him shaking.

"Hey, what's a matter?" I said gently, moving in closer to him.

"Just a bad dream," Eren sighed, adjusting himself.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, keeping my voice low. I was getting a bit flustered, but I knew that Eren's feelings were more important than me being embarrassed.

"Not really, I just want to make sure that you are safe," He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

I grabbed my phone, checking the time. It was only one in the morning; thankfully I would still be able to get sleep.

"Happy Christmas Eve," I said, noticing that it was the 24th.

"Back at you," he said. I could hear him fading back to sleep already.

I listened to his calm breathing in the dark, smiling to myself. I leaned over and kissed his cheek, "If only you knew how much you mean to me." I said, my voice barely audible.

I was shocked when I felt Eren pull me even closer, so that my head was pressed to his chest.

"Believe me, I know." He mumbled into my hair. I blushed bright red, he wasn't supposed to hear that. "I'd do anything for you." I didn't respond, closing my eyes. It didn't take long for me to drift back to sleep, with Eren by my side once more.

"Guys, you have to get up!" Armin shouted as he tried shaking Eren and I.

"Nah, we can just relax a bit," Eren sighed, burying his nose into my neck.

"I swear to god, you two are the lazies- ah!" Eren yanked on the blonde's arm, making him fall on top of me and him. The two starting wrestling, and I was caught in the middle of it.

"We're acting like little kids again." I said, laughing.

Eren and Armin both stopped and became as still as statues. Both of their heads shot at me.

"What?" I asked, as both of their eyes widened.

"Did she just-" Armin pointed at me.

"She did." Eren agreed.

"Guys, what did I do?" Then, an idea drifted into my mind.

Eren broke into a smile, "Oh my god, Mikasa just laughed", He looked at Armin. I blushed and looked away. It wasn't really that much of a big deal, but they could make a show out of anything.

"We haven't heard her laugh since that time three years ago when she was dru-"

"Okay Armin - Enough of that story!" I stopped him before he could get any further with that disaster of a tale. Long story short, I do not remember anything from the night, but the boys sure did.

"But it was-"

"No," I interrupted him, heading towards the bathroom to get ready. From the bathroom, I could hear Armin and Eren talking, but I wasn't sure what about. I quickly hopped in the shower, making sure that I was at least a bit presentable for the Christmas Eve party. I was really dreading seeing most of Eren's family, but his dad and grandparents were kind enough to keep me going year after year.

I was about to get out of the shower when I felt a bit faint. The world spinned me around, but I managed to stay on my feet. It must be from lack of sleep, I thought to myself before shutting off the water. I dried myself off, trying to squeeze all the water out of my hair. I then wrapped the damp towel around myself before heading back into the bedroom.