Chapter 4 - the painting canvas

I laid in my bed, staring up at the dark ceiling. I was a loss for ideas for my semester project, and I only had three days left.

Okay, two considering that it was one o'clock in the morning.

I raised my arm up to the ceiling, examining my wrist. I could see the dark outline of a butterfly that Eren had tried to draw on my wrist earlier today. Note the try, Eren may be good at guitar but his art skills sucked.

Through looking at the butterfly, and listening to the rhythmic breathing of the sleeping boys, my mind found an idea for the art project.

"I got it! Eren, can I borrow your body?" I exclaimed, way too loudly. Come to think of it, if I was going to say that outloud I probably should have re-worded it differently.

And if I knew Eren and Armin were still awake, I wouldn't have said anything at all.

"Um, what kind of request is that, Mikasa?" I heard Eren sat up. Oh god, he did not think that-

"If you two are going to talk about having sex, please do it when I'm not in the room." Armin grumbled on my other side.

"Armin, I think she's drunk."

"No I-" They cut me off before I could defend myself.

"It was your job today to make sure that she didn't drink too much."

"Liar, that was my job yesterday," Eren insisted.

"Ugh, shut up both of you." I said, trying to keep my cool while blushing like a maniac, "I meant for my art project. I could paint Eren's arms, chest and back or something."

"Oh thank god, I was getting worried," I heard Eren lie back down.

"You sound disappointed to me," Armin retorted.

I ignored them arguing back and forth for a minute, until I realized something.

"Wait, you take turns making sure I don't drink to much," I said, angrily. I couldn't see them, but I'm pretty sure both boys shrunk into their beds.

"Armin, I blame you,"
<><><><><><><><><><><><>
The next afternoon, I began to sketch out an idea and present it to Eren.

"So, the goal here is to show how a person puts forward their good side, and hides their bad side. Your chest and left arm will have positive sayings, words, drawings and so on with a bright color palette."

Eren raised his hand like a third grader in class. I raised my eyebrows, "Yes, Eren?"
"I don't want pink on me."

I rolled my eyes, "Continuing. So your back and right arm will be a dark palette, including negativity, hate, and other things-"

"Will there be fire?"

I looked at him, as he smirked, "Eren, the amount of times that I want to strangle you in one day are pretty outstanding."

"It's my speciality."

"Whatever. Now come into the bedroom so I can test what paints to use."

"Okay, let's go to the bedroom so we can test paints." Eren sarcastically put an arm around me. I pushed him away with one hand, while pulling my scarf up with the other to hide my blush. This was going to be a long day.

We headed back to the bedroom, and I pulled my art supplies from the bin under the bed. Eren watched me as I browsed through the paints, choosing ones that I would need and placing them on the bed.

"Hopefully you're not allergic to any of these," I sighed, looking over at the non-cosmetic grade paints. The cheerful and dark colored bottles clashed together, and I hoped that I would be able to successfully pull them together.