3

It was an hour before the party, and I was doing my make up. Doing a red smoky eye to match with the red cat ears and red lip.

" Im just a little girl walking through a forest, smiling wide it's not alright, Im just a little girl but I stand middy, but I got the sunrise on my side." I sing and jump with a yelp as I see someone stand behind me in my mirror wearing the black suit.

They chuckle as I turn around and I hit them, knowing its Michael.

"Asshole!" I yell and he takes the mask off smiling.

He eyes my outfit, my latex suit being similar to his, except the instead of a mask mine has ears and a tail.

He eyes me with hooded eyes, and I gulp.

"Violets ready." he tells me his voice husky. I nod and stand up and he follows me downstair where Violet is dressed as Wednesday Adams.

" I called an Uber." She says and I smile as we climb in.

I meet with my sorority girls and tell Violet and Michael I'd be back as me and the girls went to the bathroom.

" I brought snow." One girl said and we each sniffed a couple rows of cocaine. I go back only finding Michael.

"Where's Violet." I ask him and he shrugs.

"Went off with her boyfriend, said she'd meet us at home if anything." He says and I pout. "This was supposed to be sibling bounding. "I whine wrapping my arms around his shoulders which was easier than normal thanks to the high heel boats.

He smirks and wraps his arms around my waist." Well, you have me?" He asks hesitantly looking scared of rejection making me feel bad for him, poor Michael.

"Yeah! I do have you, we'll have fun, just the two of us." I tell him happily making him break out into a smile.

We dance and an hour in he goes to get a drink, I continue to dance when the girl who brought the coke had a line on her hand and I bend over to sniff it off.

"What the fuck?" Michael says and I jump away from the girl. he frowns at me and tosses the drink he has and glares at the girl.

"We're going home." he says and drags me off.

We uber back home and Michael ignores me in the car ride.

"Hey, you guys are home early." mom says and Michael scowls at the floor. the door slams behind us making me jump.

"Coke?! Really?!" Violet yells at me angrily and I wince.

"Coke?!" Dad asks shocked looking disappointed, and I scoff as mom just looks sad.

"You don't get to look at me like that." I whisper as tears fill my eyes.

"What? Disappointed?" Mom says with an attitude. and I nod angrily.

"Yeah! Cause the both of you lie about everything." I snap and she scoffs.

"We don't lie to you." She says.

"Mom." Violet says warningly.

"Then Im not adopted?" I ask and the house goes quiet.

"How'd you find out?" Mom asks and I scoff as tears fall down my cheek.

" My birth mom found me. Do you know how that felt?" I sob breaks from my chest." For a random lady I've never met, tell me my whole life was a lie?" I ask trying to hold back sobs, but they break free.

"Baby." dad says his voice breaking.

"But that wasn't even the worst part." I tell them.

"She's a witch, she came out as a witch on national Tv, she told me I was a witch too." I tell them and they don't look shocked." But you already knew that." I say blankly, I scoff and shake my head before barging past them to go upstairs.

Once in my room I fall to my knees crying.

Im pulled into a chest blond hair falling into my blurry, tear-filled eyes and I know its Michael.

"Im sorry." he tells me, and I calm down as he rocks us.

" I started the fire." I tell him and he tenses and looks down at me with furrowed brows.

"My professor was being a hard ass, for no reason and I snapped at him one day, he threatened to drop my grade, I couldn't afford to fail his class, he said he would trade sex for a passing grade in his class." I tell him." I wouldn't do it, so he tried to rape me, and I don't know, I used my magic to start the fire, and I lit him on fire, I tried to Controle it, but the fire kept spreading so I ran out, once it reached the science building I they were fucked, all those chemicals. The science building exploded." I tell him and he sighs.

"It's okay." He says and I shake my head.

"It's not, I killed all those people." I tell him and he holds me tighter to him.

"Can I tell you something? Your parents don't want you to know." He tells me and I turn to him, so I was sitting in his lap and nod.

"This house is bad." He tells me and I frown." Your parents and sister died in this house." he tells me, and I shake my head." Listen. Everyone who dies in this house stay as a ghost, Im not your brother, Violet just blurted it out as an excuse."

"Cause your dead?" I ask and he nods.

"We usually can't leave the house, only on Halloween we can." Michael tells me and I look at the clock.

"It's 2am, meaning it's no longer Halloween, prove it." I tell him and stand up and take his hand. We sneak past my parent's room, who are yelling at each other and go to the backyard.

I grip his hand harder as I pull him outside only for his grip to disappear, I turn to look at him confused only to see he's not there. I hear a knock and look up to see him looking at me sadly from upstairs. I frown in confusion only to be filled with fear.

"Oh my god." I whisper." You're a ghost."