7

With a soft yawn, Arieon woke up and sat up straight. She rubbed her eyes sleepily as she got off the bed. She looked at the bed to see that Enzo wasn't there.

A sad frown formed on her lips but then she rolled her eyes.

Typical Vincenzo.

She decided to get ready for the day since they were going back to the mansion today.

By the time she was dreading up, Agatha walked in. Her hair was pulled in a messy bun and she was wearing a black sundress. She looked beautiful without makeup which made many girls jealous.

"Good morning, Arieon", she greeted. "Good morning to you too, Agatha", Arieon smiled at her as she braided her hair. Then her eyes landed on the red spots on Agatha's neck. They were about five.

"What's that on your neck?", Arieon asked. Agatha's eyes widened as her hands flew to her neck. "N-nothing!", She stuttered as she pulled her hair out of the bun.

Yup, that's a hickey, Arieon giggled at her flushed state. "I'm sure Matteo treated you like a queen", she teased. "More like a ragged doll", Agatha mumbled.

Even during breakfast, Arieon teased Agatha till they arrived at the mansion.

"You'll never let me leave this down, will you?", Agatha whines and she nodded. "Of course", Arieon grinned.

"I'm going to take a nap", Arieon told her as they went to her room. Agatha nodded and they hugged before she went in.

The day passed by quickly, Arieon fortunately found a library in one of the hallways. It was very large and grand and she got so excited about the number of books she was going to read.

"Dinner is ready and Capo is around", Agatha informed her. She looked up from her book and reluctantly stood up. "He can eat alone", she said and Agatha chuckled. "I'm sure you wouldn't want him to throw a tantrum", she said and Arieon sighed.

Carrying the book along with her, they made their way out of the library to the dining room.

"Good evening", Enzo said as she sat across him on table. "Good evening", she replied. A different maid came and served the both of them.

"How was your day?", He asked as they began to eat. "It was not eventful but at least I found books to read", Arieon answered as she raised the novel she was holding.

An amused smirk formed on his lips. Flush, an interesting book to say the least. "So you spent the most of your day in the library", he said. She shrugged, "I would have preferred to be treating my patients but then, I'm not allowed to go to work".

"Sorry, not sorry", Enzo said as he continued to eat. "Now that we're married, you're going to have to give me an heir", he said and immediately she choked on her food. Agatha ran into the dining room. "Are you okay?", She asked. "I'm okay", Arieon coughed and waved her off.

After filling down the whole glass of water, she turned to the man who caused her to choke. "What the hell?!", She screamed at him. He rolled his eyes, "Don't be dramatic". She scowled at him, "I'm not being dramatic. You want to sleep with me".

"That's the only way to bring a life into this world, isn't it?", He asked with a raised brow. She glared at him. He was not helping matters. "Stop making a big deal out of it. We're married, aren't we?", He asked as he drank his wine.

"Can't you wait?", She asked him. She wasn't ready to let a man touch her in anyway. "I'll wait but not for a month or a year. I'm a man and I need an heir. I wouldn't mind if it was a girl either but I need an offspring", Enzo said. She frowned, "You're saying that wives are only for reproduction?".

He shrugged, "What else are they for?".

That seemed to aggravate Arieon greatly. Unfortunately, he wasn't a man to apologize for anything.

"How dare you?!", She yelled at him. Her face was already red in anger. Wow, so this woman has a short temper, he thought as he twirled the wine in his glass cup.

His reaction only seemed to anger her the more. "You're an asshole", she spat as she stood up from her chair. "Sit and eat your food", he ordered. "You don't get to order me! You're not the boss of me!", She countered back.

"Arieon, don't test me. Sit down and eat your damn food!", He yelled causing every single movement in the whole mansion to stop. With the way his voice rang through the whole mansion, the workers knew that their Capo was beyond angry.

Knowing better than to disobey him, she sat down. With the way his jaw was clenched and his tight grip on his cup, she knew she had crossed the line. She overstepped her boundaries.

"Just eat and shut up", he said angrily. Vincenzo wasn't the one to be disrespected by anyone even his father. What Arieon just did ticked him off but he wasn't ready to put a bullet through her pretty head yet.

Dinner was awfully silent but Arieon didn't dare look up at him. She was still angry at how he belittled women but her fear of death was greater. After eating, she stood up to return her plate but he raised his hand to stop her.

The maid from before quickly walked in and took the plate before walking out. "Sit", he ordered. Arieon bit the inside of her cheek as she complied.

"I apologise for yelling at you like that", he said and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry for yelling at you but I'm not sorry for what I said", Arieon said. Her stubborn side was taking over.

He raised his eyebrows in amusement, "You like challenging people, don't you?". She looked at him and they locked eyes. His eyes were cold gray but they looked like a wild storm. They were cold but somehow comforting.

"Only when they need to be", she answered back. "You do know that I'm the Don of the Italian Mafia", he said. "And I am unfortunately your wife. I'm not those people that could easily be bossed around", she glared at him. "Aren't you supposed to be the ideal perfect child among your sisters?", Enzo raised a brow as he signaled the maid to come and clear the table.

"They are my parents, I have to please them even though it doesn't please me", she defended. He nodded, "That's cute". "Are we done with this conversation?", She crossed her arms across her chest. "Almost. Before this month ends, you must be pregnant", he said and she felt her heart beat accelerate.

"Goodnight", he stood up from his chair and left the dining room. As the sound of his footsteps disappeared, she felt herself loosing composure.
This was so unfair!