50

Enzo was busy in his study when he heard a little knock on the door. "Come in", he said not looking up from his laptop. The door opened and Alessa walked in. She was holding a teddy bear and her small blanket. "Daddy", she said with tears in her eyes. He looked up and frowned. She was supposed to be asleep, it was already past midnight.

"Baby, what's wrong?", he asked as she came closer. "D-daddy", she stuttered as she tried to contain her tears. She let out inaudible noises and coughs as she walked closer. It was a habit she displayed whenever she didn't want to cry. "Princess, come here", he stretched his arms wide. Alessa bursted into tears as she ran to her father. "Daddy, I'm sorry!", she cried as he lifted her unto his lap. He frowned, "You did nothing wrong". She buried her face in his chest, "Is it because of me you don't love me?".

"Why are you saying this, princess?", Enzo asked as he wiped her tears with his sleeves. "I had a very bad dream", she sniffled as he pulled her closer. "Tell me", he said. "I did something very bad and my brothers were very mad at me Then you and mommy started to fight. Then she said she was going to leave us again. I cried for her not to go but she didn't listen", the little girl said and began to cry. "I don't want my mommy to go!", she cried.

"Alessa, darling do cry", he said as he placed his hands on her cheeks to make her look up at him. "Daddy, doesn't mommy love?", Alessa asked with a teary pout. His heart clenched as he saw how heartbroken his daughter was. He felt guilty that his problems with Arieon was affecting their kids. "Your mommy loves you very much. More than you know", he told her. "But she doesn't want to see us", she said sadly. Alessa's blue eyes looked like glass just like her mother's. Their resemblance was twisting the guts of Enzo in a very hurtful way.

"That's because she's very busy. Your mommy travelled for a long time and now she's back but she's still working. She still has to travel again for a long time", Enzo told his daughter. Who would be dumb enough to tell a five year old child that her parents were divorced a d not leaving together? Yes, Enzo loved Arieon but he wasn't ready for a one sided love. Not to mention how stubborn she could be.

"Daddy, you love me too, right?", Alessa asked. Enzo cracked a smile and placed a kiss on her forehead, "I love you and I will still love you forever my little princess". She giggled and snuggled closer to her father. He began to hum a lullaby so she could fall asleep. Hearing the little girl's soft snores, he slowly stood up with her in his arms. She clutched her teddy bear closely while he held her blanket. He walked out of his room and made his way to the stairs. He walked up the stairs and went to Alessa's room.

He gently placed her on her baby blue bed and covered her with her blanket. "Daddy?", the girl mumbled sleepily. Enzo hummed in response. "Can you stay with me?", she asked. "Of course, baby", he said and began to remove his shirt. He kept his dress slacks on and climbed in bed with her. Alessa snuggled closer to her father as he wrapped his arms around her and she let out a sigh.

"Goodnight, daddy", she mumbled and slept off.

The next day, Arieon spent the whole morning packing her things. She couldn't believe that her carelessness had caused this. She just kept assuming things for no reason. "I'm so stupid", she scowled as she folded her clothes. Something fell out of her shirt and landed on the floor with a clank. She narrowed her eyes as she bent down to pick it up. Her eyes widened I'm surprise as she realized what it was. "My wedding ring?". She then frowned as she placed her shirt aside.

"What is it doing here?", she asked herself as fiddled with the beautiful diamond ring. She remembered the feel of the wedding dress and how she looked back then. A smile came to her face as she remembered how innocent and pure she looked. The knock on the door pulled her out of her thoughts. She cleared her throat, "Come in".