8

For the past three days, Arieon refused to come out if her room. Not that Enzo actually minded but that was too dramatic on her part.

"Capo", one of his men walked in. "Yes, Ben", he looked up from his paperwork. "The French Mafia is trying to invade the warehouse in Varese.

"Prepare the jet", he ordered and Ben nodded before walking out. With a sigh, Enzo stood up from his chair.

As he walked out of his office, his phone began to ring. With an annoyed huff, he picked it and brought it to his ear.

"What?", He asked. "Hello to you too, best friend", Matteo said sarcastically. "State your business", Enzo rolled his eyes. "I wonder if you actually love me", Matteo said with a pout.  "Be serious", Enzo said. "I am serious", he defended. Then again, when has Matteo ever been serious?

"So are you heading to the warehouse?", He asked. "Yeah", Enzo replied as he walked into the living room. "I'm already in Varese. I was taking care of some shit. I'll handle it for you and give you updates", Matteo offered.

"Thanks a lot, bro", Enzo sighed in relief. At least, Matteo was useful in this situation. "You're welcome. Greet your wife for me", Matteo said and he scowled. "Get off the phone", he grumbled. Matteo let out a laugh knowing he had struck a chord.

"See you later", he hung up.

Placing the phone in his pocket, Enzo turned around to get back to his office. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Arieon. Her eyes widened as she stopped walking and pulled the book up to her chest.

She was wearing a green lace woolen crop top that showed her red lacey bra and a pair of denim shorts. To summarize it all, she was exposing too much skin. Her cheeks heated as she saw him shamelessly checking her out.

Why was he around? She thought he had gone out in the morning so she decided to come out if her room and get a book in the library to read.

"You've decided to come out", Enzo said snapping her out of her thoughts. She glared at him, "It's not like I want to see your face". He rolled his eyes, she wasn't over that night at all.

"Neither do I but I don't think I need to explain the word marriage to you, do I?", He asked and she glared at him harder. "Anyways, I would love to stay for a chat but I have more important things to do", he said as he walked past her. She rolled her eyes at his behavior and continued her journey to her room.

As she entered her room, she took off her slippers and climbed the bed. The knock on the door got her attention. "Come in", she answered. The door opened and Agatha walked in holding a large tray of cookies. "I just finished baking cookies because I was bored. Want some?", She asked.

"Chocolate?", Arieon asked sitting up straight. "And milk", Agatha said as she sat down beside her. Arieon took one of the cookies and bit into it. "God, this is awesome!", She moaned as the chocolate melted in her mouth. Agatha had a way of making people fall for her cooking skills.

"I'm glad you like it. What book are you reading?", Agatha asked. "The fall of the dark angel", she answered with her mouth full. "I love that book. I'm not going to spoil it for you, then", Agatha said making her pout. "Just tell me if Athena and Damon forgave each other", Arieon pleaded.

"No", Agatha refused and she pouted again. "Please!", She begged. No one could resist Arieon's infamous puppy dog eyes no matter how much they tried. "Okay, okay. Yes, they forgave each other and even got married", Agatha gave in. With a triumphant grin, Arieon continued to eat the cookies.

They talked about random stuffs as they are and they even watched a movie till it was time for dinner. Agatha had already left when Arieon was taking a shower.