30

Arieon woke up to the steady beeping of the heart monitor and the smell if antiseptic. She tried to sit up straight but the wires attached to her arms wouldn't let her. Her gaze fell on Enzo who was asleep beside her. His head was on her lap with his hands interlinked with hers.

She didn't know why her heart sped up or why she felt great in her cheeks. "Enzo", she whispered as she gently squeezed his hand. His eyes opened and he raised his head up immediately.

"Baby", he said as he pulled her hand to his lips. Her heart fluttered at the nickname and her eyes prickled with tears.

I lost his baby, more tears fell down her cheeks as she tried to suppress a sob. He frowned, "Why are you crying?". "I'm s-sorry", she cried. "For what?", He asked.

"Enzo, I can't do this anymore. I'm tired, I'm sorry for losing our baby. I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore!", She cried. Enzo sighed and wiped her cheeks with his hands. "Don't cry. There's no reason to cry", he told her.

"I'm sorry", she continued to cry. "What if I told you the baby is okay?", He asked. Her breath hitched as she looked at him. "you're bluffing", she said as she wiped her tears. "Anyone with Armani blood isn't going to die easily. The baby is okay", he told her.

Her eyes widened and her mouth parted. "The baby is fine", he assured her. She covered her mouth with her hand and sobbed. "I'm sorry", she said. "Don't apologise", he told her. "I'm sorry for letting Matthew do all those things to you", he said.

Her eyes fell to her lap. She felt dirty and used. "How did you feel?", He asked her softly. She bit her lower lip and dropped her hand on her lap.

"Hopeless", she whispered. She didn't even look up to see his face. "How did you feel when you found out I was gone?", She asked him. "I felt like I was ripped apart. Honestly, I was not really thinking properly for that period of time", he admitted.

"What about Agatha?", She asked. "Agatha inhaled an excess amount of the chemical and it affected her. But she's okay now", he told her. She nodded and began to feel dizzy.

"Have some rest. When you wake up, there'll be something for you to eat", he told her. She nodded as her eyes began to get heavy.

The next day, Arieon was discharged and taken back home. She cried as they welcomed her home. She had a video call with her family to prove that she was alright.

"You're moving in with me", Enzo informed her as they walked up the stairs. "Why?", She frowned. "You need to be safe and guarded from now on", he told her. She glared at him. Here he goes again with his overprotective side.

"I'm not a baby, I can take care of myself", she said stubbornly. "But you're carrying a baby. My baby and I want it protected", he told her.

She let out a noise of disapproval but said nothing as they reached the top of the stairs. He led her to his room and she went to sit in his bed. "What about my clothes?", she asked. "Already moved", he said as he went into the bathroom.

She sighed and crossed her arm across her chest. Now that she was rescued and okay, what else was she going to do now? At least the baby is fine, she smiled as she placed her hand on her stomach.

"Aren't you going to get ready for bed?". She looked up and screamed. She quickly covered her eyes with her hands as heat rushed to her cheeks.

"Put on a shirt!", She said. Enzo looked amused by her reaction. He couldn't believe that she actually screamed just because he was shirtless. "I sleep without shirt", he told her as she approached her. She climbed the bed immediately and went to the middle. The bed was insanely large so he'd have to climb the bed to reach her.

"Stay away", she said and he chuckled. "Don't be naughty. Get down and change", he said as he climbed the bed. She quickly hoped out of the bed and ran to the closet. She closed the door and let out a sigh.

"She never ceases to amuse me", Enzo said as he laid down on the bed and rested his head on one of the many pillows.

The closet door opened and Arieon walked out wearing an oversized shirt that looked very familiar to him. He narrowed his eyes at her, "That's my shirt". "Oh really? I didn't know", she said innocently as she approached the bed and climbed on.

"You're trying to mess with me", he told her. "I'm your wife. The last time I checked, wives have access to anything their husbands own", she countered back and he chuckled. He snapped his fingers and the lights went off.

"Show off", she mumbled and rested her head on a pillow. It was a hard pillow. "Your pillows are hard", she commented. "That's my arm", he said and she yelped. She removed her head and fell on him.

"Here", Enzo placed a pillow under her head. "It's dark and you won't be able to see properly", he said with a smug tone. She hit his chest, "I'm not blind". "Could have fooled me", he mumbled and she hit him again causing him to laugh.

"Fuck you", she said. A grin formed on his lips as a devious plan formed in his head. "We can make plans for that", he said as he placed his hand on her thighs. She gasped as the contact sent shivers down her spine.

"What are you doing?", She asked as he pulled her to sit on top of him. Now she was straddling him. "What does it look like I'm doing?", He sat up straight. Her cheeks heated at how she felt how hard he was beneath her. "How do you want this to go?", He asked gingerly as he traced her thighs up to her hip.

His brows raised as he discovered a stretch mark. "You have stretch marks", he said. "You don't like them?", She asked. He chuckled and pinched her hips making her gasp and hit his shoulder. "Enzo!". He laughed and placed his lips on hers.

"You're stretch marks are beautiful. Soon, they'll be on your stomach", he said as they pulled away. "And I'll be fat", she said and he hummed. He placed his hands on her butt and gave her a little squeeze causing her to rub herself against him.

She couldn't deny the burning desire she had for him and him seducing her only intensified that urge. "Back to the question. Wanna ride?", He asked her as he brought his lips to hers. Her arms circled his neck pulling him closer.

"I don't know how to", she admitted. Her cheeks were burning from embarrassment. He chuckled as he kissed her gently. "I'll show you", he whispered.