32

It was decided by the lawyer, after Arieon gives birth to the baby and spends three months with him, her and Enzo will divorce. Unfortunately, Enzo would take custody of the baby.

"Are you sure about this?", Her father's voice rang in her ears. "Yes, dad I'm sure about this. It's going to hurt that I'll leave my baby behind but it's for the best. I can't keep risking my life all the time", Arieon said. Her heart was clenching at the thought of leaving her child behind, but Enzo gave her no choice.

"Whatever decision you chose, we'll support you", her father said. A smile formed on her lips, "Thank you, dad". "You're welcome, sweetheart. Take care of yourself and be careful", he said. She let out a small laugh, "I will. Bye". She hung up and stood up from the bed.

Enzo had left the house earlier before she woke and no one else was around except for Agatha. Agatha had been quiet but no one seemed to notice except Arieon.

Felling hungry, Arieon walked out of the room and made her way to the kitchen. She met Agatha sitting by the island lost in her thoughts. "Are you okay?", Arieon asked making her look up. "I'm just thinking of how to tell Matteo", Agatha mumbled as she played with her fingers.

She wasn't able to sleep because she was thinking of ways to tell him about the baby and the possible scenarios thereafter.

"He'll accept the baby", Arieon told her. Agatha chuckled humorlessly, "For the past one month and few days, he hasn't touched me. Arieon, he doesn't even spend more than two minutes talking to me".

"Just ask him why", Arieon said. "Ask who what?", Matteo asked as he walked in. The two ladies gasped in surprise. I hope he didn't hear anything, Agatha prayed in her heart.

"Agatha has something to tell you", Arieon said earning a death glare from Agatha. "Agatha, what's wrong? Why are you crying?", Matteo asked and went to sit beside her.

Arieon took the opportunity to walk out of the kitchen. "Baby, what's wrong?", Matteo asked Agatha. She burst out crying and covered her face in her hands.

"I can't do this anymore", she cried. He frowned abd pulled off her hands from her face. "You can't do what anymore?", He asked. He was getting confused about what was going on.

"Tell me you don't want to be with me anymore", she said to him. He frowned, "Why the hell would I say that?". "Matteo just say it", she begged. "No, I'm not saying that shit. Why the fuck would I say that?", He asked.

"You're not touching me anymore, you don't even annoy me or get under my skin", she said as she looked at her fingers. A small smile formed on his lips as he placed his hands on her cheeks and gently pinched it.

She looked up to look at him. "You think I don't want you again", he said. "Isn't it obvious?", She mumbled. "Agatha, I've been so busy for the past few months and I thought you still needed more time to heal", he told her. Agatha was the best thing that has ever happened to him and he was never going to let her go.

"I have something to tell you", she said and took a deep breath. If he doesn't want the baby, I'll just abort it quickly, she thought and nodded. "I'm all ears", he said.

"I'm pregnant. If you don't want it, I understand. I'll just abort it and we can forget about it", she said quickly. Shock was evident on Matteo's face and it scared her. "Y-you don't have to accept it. Just say the word and I'll abort it", she said to him. His silence was making her go crazy.

Then a smile formed on his lips and he pulled her unto his lap. Her eyes widened at his actions. "What are you doing?", She asked as he placed his large hand on her stomach. "When did you find out?", He asked her. "This morning", she answered.

"And you think I would want you to abort the baby?", He asked. Her cheeks tinted as she nodded, "I wasn't sure if you'd want to become a father yet". A small laugh escaped his lips as he pulled her into a hug and peppered her face with kisses.

"I'm more than ready to become a father of the baby is from you", he said. Her lips parted at what he just said. "What do you mean?", She asked. "I guess I have to explain", he said. "Yes you do", she said.

"I love you, Agatha. I love you from the depth of my heart and I'm ready to settle down for you", he told her. Tears prickled her eyes, "So you're picking me over all your mistresses". "Just to let you know. Ever since Enzo got married, I've never touched anyone apart from you", he said to her.

"You actually love me?", She asked. "I love you, Agatha Williams. You're the only one that has won my heart without much effort", he said to her. "I love you too, Matteo", she said and crashed her lips on his. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

Arieon smiled as she pushed herself off the wall of the dining room. She knew she wasn't meant to eavesdrop but she couldn't help it.

"At least my friend gets to have a happy ending", she said with a sad laugh and made her way to the library. "Maybe I'll stay by the pool today", she said as she walked into library.

She grabbed a book and went back to her and Enzo's room to change her clothes. "I can't believe he still wants me to stay with him", she scoffed as she wore an oversized shirt that belonged to him.

She slipped on her slippers and made her way to the backyard. She sat down on one of the pool chairs and picked up her book to read.

She didn't know she fell asleep until she felt a tap on her arm. She groggily opened her eyes to see Matteo standing in front of her. "I must say, you look cute while sleeping", he said with a grin and she laughed lazily.

"Where's Agatha?", She asked. "Asleep too", he answered and sat beside her. "Are you happy about the news?", She asked. He let out a laugh and nodded. "I'm more than happy about the news. I've never thought of being a father yet but I've been thinking of settling down to be with her. This news just accelerated everything", he said and she laughed.

"I hope you two won't turn out like Enzo and I. At least, you guys are in love", Arieon said. Matteo noticed the sadness in her voice. "Why do you want to leave?", He asked her. She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them.

"This life, the mafia. It isn't for me at all. I can't be the wife of one of the most feared Dons in the world. It's like putting myself in danger and I don't like it", she said. "Is that the only reason?", He asked her. She sighed and looked at the sparkling clean pool.

"I want love. How am I supposed to find love with a man who doesn't want anything to do with it?", She asked. "Enzo cares about you", he said and she shook her head. "That's the point. He cares about me and I care about him. But I can't just keep caring about him for a long time without falling in love", she said.

Then Matteo connected the dots. "You're afraid to fall in love with him". Arieon's cheeks reddened as she looked up at him. "If I fall in love with him, it'll hurt me because he won't live me back. I don't know what happened that made him stone cold", she said.

"You know, Enzo was not always like this. Well, not three years ago", he said. That caught her attention. "What happened three years ago?", She asked. "It's not my place to tell but I'll just say this. Enzo had a little sister, her name was Violet. She died three years ago", he said.

Her eyes widened, "How?". "Like I said, it's not my place to tell. You should ask him before tomorrow", he said. He badly wanted to tell her about Violet but he knew Enzo would have his head. Best friend or not, Enzo didn't like being told on.

"What happens tomorrow?", She asked. "Tomorrow is her birthday", he said. She nodded and he smiled. "I'll try my best", she said and he chuckled. He stood up, "I should take my leave now". "Won't you stay for dinner?", She asked. He shook his head, "I'm having dinner with my parents. I'll see you tomorrow, by God's grace".

She nodded and waved at him before he left. "I hope he doesn't lash out on me", she mumbled as she adjusted herself to go back to sleep.