6

Harold's POV

"So up to the very end, not a single word of regret. That's just like you, Brynn." Harold sighed, "Then the least you can do for me..is be forever alone, here in the capital of the dead. Unable to die or find peace of mind, living a life of misery."

"That's a fitting end for you, having robbed so much from Evan." Harold added as he began floating away from the stoned Brynn, he halted in the air once he felt a familiar sense of aura(?).

In his eyes, all he could see were yellow orbs of dust floating next to Brynn's face. However, in Brynn's eyes, she could cleary see the angel like face that she once adored.

"What in the.. That's..not Brynn's doing, is it? It couldn't be, she's completely paralyzed now. Or is it..you!" Harold glared at Rayleigh, who slowly made his way towards the frozen immortal.

Harold's spear suddenly struck the ground as his eyes widened in disbelief, he knew that he felt that familiar aura a while ago, but he didn't know if he was dreaming or not! "It can't be..! This feeling!" Harold gasped.

"Evan? Is it you..?"

Brynn could clearly see the angel like face, even in her frozen state. Evan placed his hands on her face and kissed her one last time as the fossilization broke off of Brynn. "What?! The fossilization broke?!" Harold shouted.

Poor Rayleigh was confused.

"Yo♪, Evan." Brynn smiled as she stared at the person she's been wanting to see for the longest time. Harold was in denial, there was no way Brynn was talking to his little brother. Why did Evan save Brynn? Did Evan not hate Brynn after she killed him?

"Brynn, how come you can see Evan? Is that really him?! Then how come you get to see him, and I don't?" Harold screamed, his eyes were teary and all he could do was hope that his brother let himself be seen. "Brynn. How did you get that scar?" Evan's voice echoed throughout the area.

"Tch. I thought you spirits were watching all the time." Brynn scoffed as she turned her head to the side to avoid Evan's worrisome stare. "That voice! It really is him! Evan! It's me! Don't you recognize me? Please! Let me see you, too!"

"Show him." Brynn tilt her head to the side as Evan frowned. "This place that people call the Capital of the Dead is where souls and memories are connected. The living and the dead must have a strong bond between them for the deceased to be seen." Evan explained as he caressed Brynn's face.

"Then you're..still mad at me." Harold froze, he knew that he shouldn't have left his little brother alone, but what was he supposed to do? His friend had been murdering humans and it was his job to get him to stop..

Right?

"For abandoning you, our country..I threw it all away when I left..!" Harold lowered his head in shame while Rayleigh felt like he was going crazy. He's witnessing a bunch of yellow orbs talk to Brynn while the floating man, known as Harold, was having a breakdown.

Boom!

The ground shook as Brynn and Rayleigh turned their heads at the speed of light, almost giving them whiplash, "I know this feeling.. It's a marine!" Brynn shouted, she was about to leave but Evan stopped her.