12

"I'm telling you, you keep going too far!"

"It's because that guy blinked." Crocodile grumbled, not feeling panicked even whilst falling from the sky. To his side, he can hear loud laughter coming from a certain lunatic woman. "Don't blame this on me, Croc boy! And quit laughing, you!"

"Stop bickering!! That's all ice down there, we'll all be killed!!"

With the war continuing and the screams of horror coming from every direction, the sudden view of something falling from the sky brought a couple people out of their frantic thoughts. "Hey! What's that?! Something's falling from the sky?!"

The freckled boy in sea prism-stoned chains looked up from his kneeling position, eyes widening at the sound of shouts and laughter coming from above.

"Aaaaaah! Hey, wait! I'll be fine, I'm made of rubber!"

"Well the rest of us aren't! Do something!"

Brynn snickered as her hair flew behind her, eyes wide. She could briefly remember how they ended up in this situation, only being able to remember waking up to shouts of horror. "I don't want to die like this, somebody save us!"

"I never should've listened to your loony ideas, straw hat!!" Buggy complained, swimming his way in the air to Brynn. He knew she was invincible and decided to stick with her, no hard feelings if he landed on her or anything. He just wanted to survive!

However, before they could even think of screaming their hearts out once more, the criminals all fell down into the ocean. Brynn and Jimbei exchanged glances as they nodded, both agreeing that devil fruit users were nuisances. Brynn swam her way to Buggy as he started to sink further into the sea.

Meanwhile, the other escapees from Impel down swam out of the waters, saying their torture at impel down was worse compared to this.

After grabbing a passed out Buggy in her ripped arms, Brynn sighed and quickly smacked the unconsciousness out of him. "Wake your ass up, red nose." Brynn glared at the pirate.

The blue haired man gasped loudly as he tried smacking the remaining water out of his lungs.

Brynn shook her head and stretched her neck, before glancing over at the pirate in handcuffs.

He looked so much like Rouge and her captain.

Even though she had never formally met the woman her captain was in love with, Roger often showed his crew pictures of his loved one as they sailed the seas. Brynn always respected Rouge for becoming the soft spot to his heart.

How she was able to make a dangerous man so soft for her was surprising and a hard achievement on its own. For Rouge to do it single-handedly and then be pregnant with his child, it was amazing.

"Roger..." She murmured to herself, which didn't go unnoticed by Buggy. He glanced at her and then looked away, he knew how much she cared for him and how much it hurt to see the faces of her loved ones on someone else.

How long had it been since she felt relief?

She was having second thoughts. Her plan was to see her captain's son and save him from death, but now she was feeling conflicted.

There was a part of her that wanted to turn back and leave him to die. He was only another pirate, a nobody to an immortal like her, but was he really just a nobody? He was the son of the man that saved her.

Ace was her godson. He was the son of the man she adored and the woman she admired. Another part of her wanted to run to him and save him, just like how Roger saved her. Would that be okay?