ᴛᴡᴏ

☟︎

                   The next morning seemed to drag in more than a whole school day itself usually does, since gabby is excluded for a week due to the incident yesterday, she now has nothing better to do than hide from her parents and sleep.  She jumped out of her skin when her bedroom door flew open, "baby, come here..." Christine sat down on the end of the bed.  Gabby slowly got out of bed and sat down in the desk chair opposite her mother, "I need you to get me some more ice..." Christine tilted her head and shot Gabby a pleading glare. 

                  "Mom... you told me you would get clean. Making me buy meth for you isn't gonna help you get sober any time soon..." Gabby rubbed her face stressfully.  Christine sighed, "I know baby, I know. And I'm really sorry, but I'm trying my best. Things are just tricky right now, i just-I need the release gabs, please..." she bounced her leg up and down uncontrollably.  Gabby saw the absolute despair in her mother's eyes, she can't let her suffer in pain like this, she still loves her either way, "fine, but this is the last time I'm helping you out like this mom..." she sighed.  Christine sighed in relief, "thank you, baby. I love you so much..." she jumped up and kissed her daughters head.

~

Gabby approached the usual dealer her mother scores dope from on the corner of 98th street as the wind gently blew across her face.  It was currently around 11:50am meaning hardly anyone was around, they're all either at work or school which works in her favour.  The group of men stood up straighter as the teenager strolled towards them, "usual?" The tallest man nodded.  Gabby looked around and nodded, "please" she looked down in shake.  The tallest man nodded and signalled for his men to fetch the meth. 

                 "You sure you don't wanna come back to my place? I know you must be a party animal by now from the amount of ice I've sold to you" the remaining man chuckled.  Gabby smiled falsely, "Nah I'm good, thanks" she shrugged.  The man nodded, "alright then" he sighed but handed her the meth.  Gabby nodded and handed the man the cash, before walking away.  She got a total of six steps back in the direction she came from before a cop car rolled up, oh shit...

"Chicago PD, you're gonna have to come down to the station young lady" an average looking patrol officer stepped out of the car and hovered his hand over his gun. Gabby let out a huge sigh of defeat, as she looked over her shoulder she saw the dealers making a quick break for it, you've got to be joking right now...

~

                   Gabby rubbed the back of her neck in panic as she sat in an interrogation room, she really hopes they let her go, she needs to get home... Her head flew up as the door opened with a creek, "hi Gabby, I'm detective Lindsay and this is my partner detective Halstead" a kind looking woman wandered into the room followed by a much more serious looking man.  Gabby followed the pair with her eyes as they sat down opposite her, "so Gabby, you're fifteen and we caught you buying crystal meth. Wanna tell us what you were gonna do with it?" The man got straight to the point. Gabby shook her head, "not really, I just wanna go home" she sat back and fiddled with the loose wood on the table.

"Well sadly you can't go home until you tell us what's going on, so what were you gonna do with the meth?" The woman smiled sadly, her voice seemed more welcoming. Gabby kept her eyes down, "I don't wanna talk, I just wanna go home" she repeated. Erin shot jay a defeated glare, "we'll give you some extra time" jay nodded and stood up, leaving Erin to follow him out of the interrogation room.  Gabby sighed heavily as they left the room, she doesn't need extra time, she needs to get home before Scott and her mother get mad.