ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

☟︎

                 "Hey stink" hank opened his door to be greeted with a warm hug from a familiar teenager, "hey" she smiled.  Erin smiled at the interaction, "I'm gonna go take a shower, I'm kinda sweaty from swimming..." gabby drew her lips into a thin line.  Hank chuckled before she toddled off towards the bathroom, letting Erin in too.  Erin sighed, "I'm just forewarning you, she had a nightmare last night, the first one in a while so..." she rubbed the back of her neck.  Hank frowned, "is everything okay?" He nodded.  Erin slowly shrugged, "I think so, I'm assuming it's just stress from her exams, she'd tell us if anything was wrong..." she looked at the floor.  Hank squeezed her shoulder, "she'll be okay" he nodded at his daughter.  Erin smiled weakly, "yeah, well I better get going" she chuckled, still in shock from gabbys little antic.

                   After gabby hopped out of the shower, she plodded over to hank in her comfy clothes, "did Erin tell you about last night?" She sat down on the stool behind the island.  Hank nodded, "the nightmare?" He leant on his elbows. Gabby nodded, "mmhmm, figured she would" she smiled weakly.  Hank smiled and squeezed her hand, "anything you wanna talk about?" He nodded.  Gabby slowly shook her head, "I don't think so" she sighed.  Hank nodded back, "alright, well if you ever wanna talk to me instead of jay or Erin, I'm here" he smiled weakly.  Gabby smiled back, "I know" she tilted her head slightly. Hank smiled, "guess what's for dinner" he raised his eyebrows. Gabby smiled, "lasagne?" She smirked. Hank nodded, "how'd you get so good at this game?" He chuckled.  Gabby snickered as she slid off the stool, opting to help in the kitchen again. 

~

                 At around 8:45pm, gabby was lounging on hanks couch when he nudged her legs, she lifted them up and smiled as he sat down, placing her legs back down across his lap.  He sighed and grabbed the remote, "cheesy cop show?" He raised his eyebrows.  She smiled and nodded, "cheesy cop show it is" he smiled back.  Gabby snickered and looked down at her phone, "look at Erin..." gabby held her phone out to him.  Hank squinted to see her phone but smiled when he saw Erin lazying in the spa, jay must've sent her a photo, "you remind me of her" hank tapped her leg.  Gabby smiled, "I do?" She looked up at him.  Hank nodded, "in every way possible" he smiled.  Gabby smiled back, she likes the idea of that...

~

The next day, hank drove gabby to Stella's loft, "don't cause too much trouble" he smiled as she hopped out of the car, "can't promise anything" she shrugged as she stepped onto the curb, "thank you! Bye! Love you!" She waved him off. Hank chuckled as he waved back at her, yet still watched in his mirror to check that she got into the complex okay.

Gabby knocked on Stella's apartment doors although it's in Kelly's name... "it's meeeeeee..." she mumbled through the keyhole. A belly laugh could be heard from the other side of the door, "I would've never have guessed..." Kelly opened the door to see a smiling teenager. She walked into Kelly's open arms, "how you doing, kiddo?" He smiled, gabby looked up, "pretty good" she nodded, pretty good...? Stella appeared behind Kelly with her hair wrapped in a towel, "hey babe" she pulled the teenager into a hug.  Gabby smiled, "hi" she mumbled from Stella's shirt, it's been a long time since she's seen her... "I was thinking we could chill, then do your science project, then head over to mollys? No drinking for you though, jay and Erin would kill me" Stella smiled.  Gabby smiled back, "sounds great" she chuckled.

~

"Why is school so much harder nowadays? When I was in high school, the most we had to worry about was the school lunch's" Stella furrowed her brows. Gabby chuckled, "oh don't worry, we still have to worry about that too" she smiled. Stella chuckled, "how comes Kelly's on shift but you aren't? I thought you two worked the same shifts?" Gabby enquired curiously. Stella smiled, "well, Kelly's going to see a friend in Arizona, because his mom got really sick, but it's just for a few days. So he changed a few shifts over until he gets back" she nodded, handing gabby a piece of work to stick onto the presentation board. Gabby nodded, "makes sense" she stuck her work onto the board, "how'd you know so much about chemistry anyways?" She looked up at Stella. Stella shrugged, "I don't know, I guess it was my favourite subject in school, and working as a firefighter uses some chemistry, maybe?" She chuckled.  Gabby smiled, this woman is amazing...

~

                 "Hey... look who it is!" Hermann smiled as gabby plodded into the bar with Stella.  Gabby smiled back, "hey Hermann" she waved.  Thankfully the bar wasn't too crowded, yet fortunately for gabby, Ritter, Gallo and violet were sat at the bar, they're much more... gen z? Stella stepped behind the bar to work, whilst gabby sat down next to violet, "hey you, how's life?" Violet smiled. Gabby smiled back, "pretty decent" she shrugged... pretty decent? Gallo smiled, "hows your tiktok following? Am I beating you yet?" He raised an eyebrow.  Gabby snorted a laugh, "no, you're losing by like one thousand or something" she smirked.  Ritter nearly spat out his drink, "oh you need to speed up, we can't lose..." he nudged gallos arm.  Violet smiled, "girls have more skill" she whispered to gabby, resulting in a smile from the teenager.

After an hour or chatting about things they all found rather interesting, gabby was suddenly interrupted by the hairs on the back of her neck standing up like spikes, she slowly turned around to see a man, covered in tattoos, towering over her; yet when she looked up to meet his eyes, he brushed past her to go to the bathroom. Her face dropped as her skin paled over, what's he doing here? why is he making appearances in the places she goes...? What the hell does he want? "Gabby? You see something?" Ritter tapped her shoulder.  Gabby looked over to see him staring at her in confusion, "uh, no. I just thought i did..." she turned back around.  Violet frowned, "you sure? You've gone a little washed out..." she tilted her head.  Gabby nodded, "I'm good" she smiled weakly. 

~

                 "I already told you, I'm fine..." gabby sighed, smiling weakly, as she slipped her jacket on, looking up to see jay with furrowed brows.  He slowly nodded, "well you look like you've seen a ghost" he shrugged.  A ghost may have been... "nope, I'm perfectly fine" she shook her head, hopping into his truck as he jogged around in the rain to get into the drivers side.  Once he was buckled in, she was quickly to divert the topic, "so, how was your weekend?" She smiled.  Jay smiled, "it was really enjoyable, thank you gabs" he nodded.  Gabby smiled, "good" she nodded, staring out of the window as if she was avoiding his glare.  Jay sighed, maybe she's just stressed...?