ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

☟︎

Gabby was contemplating life at this point, she had been sat in this small enclosed space for a whole day and she has no idea where she is or what time it is. The only thing she does know is that her mother and step-dad aren't going to be happy, and in all honesty she isn't even sure if it would be better to go to juvie or home right now.  The door slowly opened to reveal the familiar woman who had visited this room many times during the day, "hey, you ready?" Erin smiled weakly. 

                Gabby nodded, "where we going?" She sighed and stood up.  Erin smiled weakly, "just downstairs" she nodded.  Gabby furrowed her brows, "so we're in the 21st?" She looked over at Erin.  The older woman nodded, "how'd you know?" She enquired as the pair began wandering down the stairs.  Gabby looked around, "this is the nearest station with permanent holding cells" she shrugged.  Erin had idea how she knew that, but she isn't wrong...

"Are you sure you don't want something to eat before I leave? The food in here isn't all that great, I could grab you a sandwich?" Erin leant against the bars. Gabby shook her head, "no, thank you" she smiled weakly. Erin frowned slightly, god this kid hasn't eaten all day, "alright, if you say so. I'll be back tomorrow morning and we'll take it from there, keep your head down gabby" she tapped the bar before sadly turning and leaving. Gabby took a deep breath before turning around to see the cell she was sharing, ugh...

~

                   At around 2:35am, gabby was starting to feel the tiredness take over.  She had been trying her best to stay awake since she doesn't feel comfortable being in a cell with five other criminals who have done much worse crimes than she has.  She feared they would do something to her whilst she was asleep... She snapped out of it before her head could hit the wall, she needs to stay awake. Being in this cell is really scaring her, and she doesn't want to go to juvie for her mother, she wants Erin to come back so she can tell her everything...

~

Erin strolled up the front steps of the district eagerly and almost left jay behind, "what's the rush?" Jay finally caught up to her. Erin continued walking towards the front desk, "I gotta go get gabby" she handed Trudy her gun to put into the safe. Jay sighed, "er..." he raised his eyebrows. Erin shook her head, "I wanna do it now, the poor kids all alone" she shrugged and jogged down the stairs, leaving jay on his own. He smiled weakly, admiring his girlfriend's determination, before quickly jogging up the bullpen stairs after buzzing himself up.

                 As Erin approached the standing officer near the corner, the woman turned to face her, "I'm here to collect gabby walker" Erin nodded. The officer nodded after seeing the detectives ID, then lead the smaller woman down the hallway. Erin followed suit as the pair soon came to a sharp halt, "Walker" the officer called out. Gabby shot up from her place on the bench and immediately wandered over to the gate, "let's go" Erin held the gate open. Gabby let out a huge sigh of relief and began following Erin down the hall, the pair said nothing until they got back up to the main floor, and instead of the pair signing anything to go back upstairs; the pair entered the nearest empty office.

Erin didn't even have to say a word, not a single exchange of explanations were needed... All it took was a moment of eye contact for gabby break down and flop onto the chair below her. Erin smiled sadly and pulled a chair over to the couch gabby had flopped down onto, "it's okay..." she placed her hand on the teenagers shoulder. Gabby smothered her face with her hands and tried her best to control her tears, "you're gonna be okay" Erin added. Gabby nodded weakly and sat up so she could take a few deep breaths, "there you go" Erin smiled encouragingly.