sɪx

☟︎

-this may be a tough one to read-

*two weeks later*

                 Things haven't been going to plan recently, gabby had been kicked out again for getting into yet another fight, only this time it was a street fight instead of a school fight, so she spent 3 days on the streets.  Those three days were some of the hardest of her life, it even resulted in her newest blanket being stolen too.  Christine had another overdose from crystal meth which left Scott to look after gabby for a day whilst Christine locked herself in the bathroom; that resulted in the teenager and the fully grown man fighting like cats and dogs again...

In all honesty, gabby was done. She was so over everything, even the few meetings with Erin and jay for work hadn't brought her much joy. Usually she would be ecstatic to see them, but she hasn't found a single ounce of excitement recently. She found herself sat in her empty bathtub staring at the ceiling, "what the fuck are you doing in there? I shouted for you 10 minutes ago saying dinners ready" Scott pounded. Gabby rolled her eyes, "not hungry" she called out. She heard Scott's pissed of chuckles from behind the door, "you're driving your mother crazy with this not eating bullshit, now get yourself together and get downstairs" he pounded on the door one last time.

Gabby covered her face with her hands and shook her head, god can't they see that she's struggling? Is it really not that obvious? The not eating, the staying in her room, the oversized clothes? The lifeless eyes? Are these signs not enough to prove that she's tired? With an exasperated sigh, she got out of the bathtub and plodded down the stairs to see Scott and her mother sat at the dinner table like a normal family, "she's alive" Scott scoffed teasingly.  Christine looked up at her daughter, she can see the pain behind gabbys eyes but she doesn't know how to get better for her...

The meal time seemed to drag in, and not once had gabby brought her food up to her mouth, instead she just played with it. She can't even remember the last time she ate a full meal, or anything for that matter of fact. Scott looked up impatiently to see gabby looking rather blankly at her plate, "just eat your fucking food instead of playing with it" he banged his fist down onto the table.  Gabby didn't even flinch, however Christine did, "baby..." the older woman began.  Scott shook his head, "no, I'm sick of this shit. She's always stirring the fucking pot, always causing trouble. Look at her, sat there looking depressed as fuck, the kid wouldn't know stress if it hit her in the fucking face" he stood up and dropped his empty plate into the sink.

                    "Scott!" Christine gasped.  Gabby kept her head down as the tears began flowing, "stop with the pity Christine, I'm so over this. The kids ruining my life, hell she's even ruining what's left of yours. These stupid stunts she's been pulling are tipping me over the edge, now if you don't wanna be apart of this family, please yourself. You can either suck it up, or get the fuck out of this house" Scott yelled as gabby stared at him, hatred filling her eyes. Gabby dropped her fork onto her plate, it's currently 7:25pm at night and she cannot comprehend all of this yelling, "I'm done" she stood up. Scott huffed, "if you're gonna sulk about this then go do it elsewhere, I don't have sympathy for brats like you" he yelled after her. Christine got up and quickly followed her daughter up the stairs.

"Gabby honey, we need to talk..." she tried to get into gabbys room but gabby had already locked her bedroom door. Gabby laughed in disbelief, "about what, mom?" She huffed. Christine slowly knocked on the door as if it would help, "I'm trying my best to get better baby, i really am. But you're stressing me out..." she sighed heavily. Gabby stopped in her tracks, stood in the middle of her room, "I'm stressing you out?!" She yelled in disbelief. Christine nodded to herself despite knowing gabby couldn't see her, "well yeah gabs, I'm always worried about you..." she whined with a hint of distrust in her tone.