chapter 4

Kels pov
I woke up to Nessa stealing one of my hoodies. "Well good morning to you" she just ignored me "come on your still mad?" "Just because I stayed over last night doesn't change anything"

I got up trying to grab her arm but she shoved me "fuck off" "your just gonna leave cause your pissed off I'm sorry!"

"You lied to me!" She grabbed her backpack "where are you going?" "Nowhere" "Nessa please let me explain." "Bye kels" I followed her downstairs.

Nessa's pov
I was walking downstairs when rook got in my way "guys what's going on?" "Out of my way rook." "Not until you tell me what's going on" I shoved him out of my way running out the door.

Kels pov
"What's her problem?" "She's still pissed." "Ah shit want me to go talk to her" "yeah go make sure she's okay" "got it"

Rook's pov
I walked to the football field where we picked her and Cooper up that one time. There she was sitting down with three of her friends but no Cooper.

I walked up to them the guy on her left looking at the two girls on his right with confusion.

One of the girls spoke up "Nessa who is that?" She looked up from taking a swig of her beer.

She looked up at me unfazed. I nodded towards the street that was a walk away. She got up putting her beer down "guys I will be back" the guy on her left spoke up "wait who is this guy"

She ignored him walking with me. We got a distance away from them when I spoke up. "Your friends seem nice" I gave her a sarcastic smile "what are you doing here rook"

"Just wanted to hangout" "mhm whatever" I nudged her shoulder while walking "oh come on we aren't friends?" "Yeah we are but you are only here cause of kels" I made her look at me "how about we just hangout just me and you plus kels wanted me to check on you anyways"

She laughed pulling her purple hoodie more over her hair "sure sounds fun"

We walked over to a local diner we sat in a booth. "Nessa when's the last time you actually went to school?" She laughed "we don't talk about that"

"Don't blame you school sucks"
She smiled "yeah I just like hanging with my friends" I put a fry in my mouth while she ate a piece of her burger.

"So you and Cooper" she looked up at me "been friends with him since I was a baby"

"Just friends?" "Why you asking trying to date me?" I laughed "nah I'm too sexy for you" I said posing she laughed.

"No seriously tho why are you asking?" "Well kels has a thing for you" she scoffed "the age gap, he wouldn't and cant have a thing for me"

"Well how do you feel when your around kels?" "Safe" "why?" "What are you dr.phil?" "Come on tell me"

She smiled stealing a fry off my plate.
"He makes me feel happy confident I'm allowed to be myself around him I don't have to change how I look or act when I'm around him I feel comfortable"

I clapped my hands "yes love that"
"Your so dumb" she threw a fry at me we had a food fight.

She spoke up "I got nowhere to stay I can't go back to your place cause I'm still mad at Kels Cooper isn't a option even if I wasn't mad at him and my dad and I aren't on good terms I haven't been home in two days"

I popped a fry in my mouth "i still have my old apartment before I was living with kels you can stay there"

"I don't know rook-" "it's cool don't worry"

Nessa's pov
We were walking out the diner just walking around the streets when two guys came out of nowhere they were following us for a few blocks I whispered over to rook "I think someone is following us"