chapter 5

Nessa's pov
It's been a week..
Since everything happened I haven't left my room I haven't showered I haven't ate.

I just sit here staring at the wall I don't even watch TV I just stare at the wall. No one has dropped by to see me but everyone has been texting me.

Like rook who has been asking how I'm doing,slim who's worried about me, Maggie and Rory send me voice messages of them talking they try to cheer me up. Noah texts me asking if I need anything.

But the one person who I wanted to text me so bad hasn't reached out he knows it was his fault I guess that's why he hasn't reached out.

My dad knocks on the door every day trying to get me to talk to him but I'm not in the mood.

The funeral was today I really didn't wanna go. Funerals suck everyone hates them I don't blame them for not liking them.

The door opened to reveal Dom one of G's friends. He walked in with a black dress in a plastic back "here luv" I groaned rolling over in my bed I heard him walk in my bathroom turning on the shower water.

"Nessa I know you don't want to go no one does but he would want you there" I sighed getting up he handed me some black vans to go with my black dress. "I figured you don't like heels so here"

I nodded I walked in the bathroom closing the door.
An hour later

I was all dressed and ready Dom already left for the funeral. I walked downstairs to see my dad he was in a all black suit with some black sneakers.

"You ready?" I nodded
We arrived at the church. Cooper's grandparents were there of course his dad wasn't what a dip shit.

My dad nudged me "I'm guessing his grandparents set up the funeral not his dad" I mumbled "of course not his own father"

G walked up to a crowd I was busy talking to his grandparents they were really nice people. Maggie and Rory were standing next to some of coopers cousin's talking to them.

Noah walked up next to me "he has a lot of nerve showing up here" I looked where his glance was at.

There in the corner stood rook slim kels and my dad. I laid my head on Noah's shoulder "I just wanna get this over with"

He patted my back in a comforting way. "He's staring at you." I looked back at that group to see kels staring at me not even listening to the conversation happening around him. We kept eye contact I tried to look away but I felt attached to those ocean blue eyes.

Maggie walked up to us "they want you two to speak about Cooper when the funeral starts share some words or a memory."

I furrowed my eyebrows "what why us?" Maggie sighed "cause you two were very close with him"

We all ended up sitting for then funeral since it was starting. Noah and I were made to sit in the front row with his grandparents and some of his closes cousins.

The priest was standing in front of this box type thing like you would see in the court house. "Before we start we have two people who would like to say a few words."

I looked behind me to see that kels and the guys were sat behind us they were all staring at me but I wouldn't say anything I just looked back up front.

Noah decided he would speak first he got up there we made eye contact while he spoke up deciding on what to say. He sat back down after his speach.

"You will do good" I nodded getting up walking up towards the front there was alot of family and friends in here.

I sighed trying to steady my breathing. Here goes nothing Nessa.

"Cooper was always someone you could count on for anything no matter what it was he was there. You could always trust him, he saw the good in everyone even if he told you he didn't he did. He was always happy even when you knew he didn't always want to be but he was. I have known him since we were little kids I have shared fun memories with him that I won't forget. He always had my back along with Noah's Maggie's and rorys. It didn't matter what you did he would always have your back. He was my other half my world my buddy my partner in crime. He just wanted peace with everyone even if that meant getting into fights."

I sat back down next to Noah.
The funeral ended everyone was getting up to leave. My dad was next to me we walked up to the guys.

Dad was talking to slim and rook while kels just stared at me. I got uncomfortable "dad I'm gonna go talk to Noah" he nodded continuing the conversation with slim.

I walked up to Noah who was glaring at someone through the church window "what's wrong?" "He's here." I looked through the window to see coops dad. I turned around to look where my dad was at and saw rook and kels staring at me rook with concern kels just looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't.

"I'm going out there." I turned my attention back to Noah "what noah don't." I looked at Noah "are you drunk?" He ignored my questions shoving me out of the way walking outside.

I looked through the window to see him shove coops dad. I ran out the door.

"Noah stop!" "You have alot of nerve showing up here." "He's my son!" "You never thought of him as a son until he was dead!"

Noah punched him in the face I jerked his arm back "Noah stop!" "Listen to your bitch, Noah!" I glared at him shoving him "go." "I don't think I will"

"Go or we are going to kill you ourselves." I turned around to see kels slim and my dad. Noah tried to hit him again but I stopped him "Noah your drunk stop."

"Nessa kels is gonna take you home I gotta stay back for a bit" Noah glanced at me modding that he will be fine.

I was now in the passenger seat of kels black mustang. He handed me a hoodie from the backseat "you look cold" I took the hoodie wrapping it around myself.

We ended up at his house I glared at him "G wanted me to take you here since he will be over later tonight"

I was in kels room laying on the bed I didn't move. "Nessa we bought food!" I wasn't I have been hungry since everything happened.

I walked downstairs to see rook slim and kels at table in the kitchen piggin out on a bunch of Chinese food that looked like it could feed a family of eight.

Kels noticed my presence "aye come eat" "not hungry" I sat down across from the three of them.

Slim looked at me "when's the last time you ate?" I shrugged "doesn't matter" "so like a day or two?" I sighed "a week" they all shared a look of concern.

Kels looked at slim who sighed "Nessa you need to eat" I leaned back in my chair "not hungry" rook spoke up "well have you drank anything?" "No"

Kels threw me a water "your probably dehydrated" I took a few sips of the water.

Kels sighed "how are you doing?" "Fine" rook threw an egg roll at me receiving a glare he laughed at my reaction I threw it back at him.

Rook stared at me well all three of them were "what?" Slim sat his fork down. "It's just we haven't seen you laugh nor smile in a while" "I don't know what it feels like to be happy anymore."

Kels spoke up "don't be like that" I took a hit of my vape glaring at the three of them.

"My best friend is dead the only person I actually lived for is dead I promised him I wouldn't ever try to commit again I stayed alive for him now he's gone my best friend is gone so don't tell me what to do or remind me how I don't look happy anymore cause I'm not. I just buried my best friend today he's only been gone a week I'm not going to bounce back especially from this!"

They all went silent not talking they just decided to eat their food I got up walking outside to sit on the porch.

I took out my phone searching for Noah's contact.

(During call)
Noah: hello?
Nessa:can I come over?
Noah: yeah sure, where are you I will come get you.
Nessa: I'm at Kels I will text you the address
Noah: got it see ya soon.
(End of call)

Noah arrived at the house I walked inside real quick "guys I'm gonna go" rook furrowed his eyebrows "how you getting home we drove you here?"

"Noah is here im heading to his house" kels spoke up "that's not a good idea he looked unstable earlier"

"Only because of our friends piece of shit father" "you can't even say his name" "whatever I'm out see ya"

"You okay?" I got in Noah's car "yeah just needed to get outta there."

"Well you can sleepover at my house parents are outta town"
"Great"

1598 words enjoy