A Place He Called Home

Work. Killua had to go to work tonight. The last time he went to work was when he met Gon. And that was about three months ago. Hell, Killua didn't remember. But, he was back at Kurapika's place, taking care of him and such. Just like before. To him, this was natural, this place, Kurapika's place, was a place he called home.

Christmas was coming up, he didn't know what to get Gon since the majority of his time was spent trying to figure Gon out, that, or try to seduce him.

Ultimately, Killua sort of gave up on the seduction plan. He felt like he was forcing something that Gon probably didn't even want. But, if that was the case, why did Gon do the things he did? Such as kissing, touching, and feeling Killua? Was it just a plot to mislead him? To embarrass him?

Killua looked back at the tree and saw lots of presents under them, most of them with his name on them. He wondered what Kurapika had gotten him, and why would he go through the trouble of getting him so much? He understood that Kurapika might've been grateful for the help, but this was too much, even for Killua.

Sighing, he walked to his room and gathered his clothes for work. He checked the time, he saw that he still had about three hours before he had to go to work, that gave him enough time to escape the world through sleep. He was so tired, even though his sleeping schedule wasn't the worst. Maybe, he was stressed? Who knows.

"Kurapika, wake me up in about two hours," Killua said as he heard Kurapika walk pass his door.

Kurapika chuckled, that meant that he understood and would do it, if he felt like it, hell, if he even remembered to do it.

Just in case, Killua opened his phone and went to his alarms, when he lived here, he had alarms set for work, so all he had to do was activate an existing alarm. But, as he did so, a text came. A ding, chiming from his phone, averting his attention to the notification dropping down from the top of his screen.

Checking the contact, his eyes widened. Gon had texted him. This shouldn't be a surprise to him, but it was. That's because Gon decided he would keep his space and not text Killua. Maybe he was afraid that if he kept in contact with Killua, then Killua would be taken away from his main objective: taking care of Kurapika.

Killua couldn't tell you how much he missed Gon. His smile, his creativity, his sense of humor, he had it all, and Killua adored every single part of it. So much, that it was hard for him to find any flaws that Gon had.

Killua's eyes were growing heavy now, so, he figured he should at least reply once before his exhaustion took over.

Gon <3

G: Hey, just
checking on you.
I hope you're doing okay.

K: Hey, I'm fine.
Just about to fall asleep lol.

G: You're always tired.
Maybe you should get
that checked out.

G: Also, I have a question
for you.

K: typing....

Sadly, Killua fell asleep while typing. He couldn't really help it, he did say he was tired. But, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stay awake, nor could he wake himself back up. He tried, so hard. But the result was the same. His body was just too tired to stay awake, he didn't have the energy to do anything but sleep for two hours.

Gon saw the three bubbles that indicated that Killua was typing, but after about five minutes, Gon figured that Killua was either writing a seriously long paragraph about the question that Gon had yet to ask, or he was asleep. He assumed the second option was more accurate since he did say he was about to fall asleep.

Gon should've asked the question right after he said he had a question. He didn't have the best memory, so he was sure he'd forget the question later on. Later on as in, a few seconds from now. He also didn't have the best attention span, he could be focusing on one thing, but when the smallest thing caches his eye, it's game over for him. Because whatever he was thinking about before he got distracted had been long forgotten.

Gon heard a voice on the television, the voice sounded so familiar. At least that's what it sounded like to him. He looked to the television and saw that it was one of his favorite childhood shows. At that moment, everything else had been forgotten and his full attention was on the screen.

-

"KILLUA WAKE THE FUCK UP. YOUR ALARM IS RUINING MY LIFE-" Kurapika yelled as he pounded on the door.

Killua groaned and he felt along his bed for his phone, which seemed like it had disappeared but was still blaring the alarm that he set.

When he couldn't find it, he sat up and groaned again, seeing that his phone had fallen on the floor. He leaned over and fell off the bed. Good thing the impact woke him up fully. He picked up his phone and turned off the alarm.

He sat on the floor for a second, rubbing his eyes and taking in his surroundings. He hadn't slept that good in a few months. Not to say that Gon's bed wasn't comfortable, but when you're used to sleeping in a certain bed, with a certain feeling, and a certain temperature, moving on is a hard thing to do, Killua would know that first hand. I mean, look at him. He can't even gather his thoughts right now. That's the result of a good nap.

Finally, after a good five minutes of just sitting on the floor, staring at the wall, Killua decided to stand up and freshen up. He'd get dressed when he got there, but he didn't want to smell like a rat's ass before he got there either, since he'd be moving a lot.

He took a shower and brushed out his hair. He settled with basketball shorts and a tank top, he just needed to feel comfortable, even if only for a few seconds. He'd be wearing heels all night and a very tight suit, so he would lack comfort for hours on end.

Sighing, he decided he would eat whatever leftovers Kurapika had in his fridge. Which probably wasn't much, since he'd been in the hospital. And it seems that Killua's assumption was correct, Kurapika didn't have jack shit.

"Yo, Pika, when I get back I'll bring some chinese food, make sure you're up if you want some-" Killua said as he walked towards the door carrying his duffel bag, "And dude, if you decide to do something with someone tonight, my room is off limits, and make sure to spray some air freshener. No one wants to smell sex when they walk inside their house."