Filler Chapter: A Birthday Like No Other

Killua
-

Today is Gon's birthday and my only objective is to make sure this birthday is one like no other.

Remember that outfit I bought the other day? Well, not the other day, but that time when I bought it? Well, I'm going to use that for a special dance that I've been working on for a few weeks.

His birthday is going to be something simple, nothing too extravagant since he doesn't like lots of attention being drawn to him, so he says. If you want my opinion, I'd say that he does thing just to draw more attention to himself.

Right now, I'm making breakfast for him. Something I found online, it's a popular Mexican dish. Forgot the name of it though. But, I think he'll like it.

To be honest with you, I've never done anything like this, celebrating someone's birthday, I mean. I've never been a big birthday person and that's probably my parent's fault. But, at least I have the chance to celebrate someone else's birthday.

"Why the hell is food so hard to make?" I groaned. Another failed attempt at this dumb dish.

As I began gathering the ingredients for another shot at making a dish, I heard Gon's footsteps. Fuck. I can't let him see this.

Without thinking, I run up the stairs and push him back into his room.

"What the-"

"I'll explain later." I said panicking. I wrap a rope around his doorknob and connect it to a hook on the opposite wall in front of his door. I check to make sure it's secure, and of course it is. I learned how to trap people in a room at a young age.

"Killua, what's going on?" Gon asked in his sleepy voice. It was adorable to me, but that wasn't important right now.

"Nothing, nothing, just take a shower and get dressed, or, you can even go back to sleep." I said.

I then proceeded to run back to the kitchen, where I began the struggle of trying to cook again.

After about an hour or so, the food was ready. Honestly, I don't understand how Gon does it. Cooking, I mean. It's so fucking hard to do. Unnecessarily hard. Or maybe, I'm just not used to cooking since I grew up having butlers cook for me.

I set up our plates as well as the rest of the table, then I walked back upstairs. I undid the knot around the door and unhooked it from the wall. I knocked afterwards. "Gon, you can come out now." I said.

As I was walking back to the kitchen, I heard his door open and then his footsteps following behind me. I turned to see him fully dressed, just like I'd told him to be.

"Goodmorning!" I said with a cheerfulness in my voice.

"Morning," he replied plainly. Weird.

"I made you food," I said, gesturing to the plates and drinks sitting on the table.

"Thank you," he said, sitting down in his seat. For it to be his birthday, he didn't seem that excited.

"Any plans for the day?" I asked.

"Not really," he shrugged, "I'm gonna go visit my cousin for a while, he says he wants to see me."

"Hm," I hummed. I wasn't aware he had any other family members.

"Sounds fun," I said.

After we finished eating, Gon left. He wasn't very cheerful, something I didn't expect. As far as I knew, people loved birthdays, at least they did on the television shows I watched. They were always smiling and giggling and letting it be known that it was their birthday. But, Gon wasn't like them.

I heard the doorbell ring and I walked over to open it, it was Kurapika. I'd invited him over to help decorate the house with me. I was planning a surprise party for him. There wouldn't be that many people, just the main four. Kurapika, Leorio, and I. Plus the birthday boy, of course.

"Yo, Pika," I said, opening the door wider so he could enter the house. One thing was for sure, Kurapika and I knew how to throw a party, no matter how many guests were present.

"Sup," Kurapika said, walking over to the kitchen where he began stacking a plate with food. I sent him a cold glare, "What? I'll clean the dishes afterwards."

I rolled my eyes and began telling Kurapika how Gon reacted when he tried the food. He couldn't stop complementing me, in fact, he complimented me like I was the food. But, he also gave the food its fair share of praise as well.

"Okay, you ready?" Kurapika asked, placing the dishes into the sink. I nodded.

We decorated the living room for a few hours before Leorio arrived with all types of deserts and some of Gon's favorite foods.

"Finally, we're done," I sighed, plopping down onto the couch. "That took longer than expected."

"I just hope he likes it," Leorio commented.

"He will, Gon's the type of person who's unpredictable, but he's very appreciative. He'll take whatever, honestly." I shrugged.

"I wonder how far he is," Kurapika wondered aloud.

"Uh, he should probably be back in a sec, let's just chill in our hiding spots until he comes back, yeah?"

Leorio and Kurapika nodded. We all stood and walked to a hiding place in the living room, as well as turned off the lights. As expected, Kurapika and Leorio hid somewhere together. Disgusting.

About half an hour later, we heard the front door being unlocked, when the door opened and the light was turned on, Kurapika, Leorio, and I all jumped up and yelled, "SURPRISE!"

Gon jumped back, placing a hand on his heart as he looked around at the decorated room, his eyes focused on the deserts that were resting on the table.

"Happy birthday, Gon," I said with a smile.

"Wow, you guys didn't have to do this for me," he replied, his eyes becoming teary.

"You know I'd do anything to make you happy, babe." I smiled.

"And you know we're your friends, and we like to see you smiling, it makes us smile," Kurapika chuckled.

"This means so much to me," Gon said. He hugged all of us and opened the gifts. He was amazed to see the things we got him, he was borderline happy.

"Let's all watch a movie," I said, holding up a DVD of his favorite movie from when he was younger.

His jaw dropped and he took the disc from my hand and quickly inserted it into the DVD player.

At some point in the movie, I ended up falling asleep, Gon stayed beside me as I did so. Kurapika and Leorio were cuddled up asleep as well.

Remember that dance I talked about earlier? Well, forget about it for now, this was better. Seeing Gon calm and collected was better. Better than some silly dance. But, it'll happen one day, and when it does, when he gets the chance to see me in that outfit, it'll be the day I get him to have sex with me.

"Happy birthday, Gon," I whispered, kissing his cheek.