Valentine's Day Special- Part 3

The bus ride was enjoyable. It was cozy and empty. What Killua failed to mention was that he'd rented out an entire bus just for the two. Each seat was decorated with a variety of things. The decor included things like ribbons, paper hearts, chocolates and so much more.

During the trip, Gon would switch from seat to seat stealing the chocolates from each one. He'd never tasted chocolates with flavors like the ones he'd eaten. He'd have to ask Killua where they're from later on.

"You seem to be having fun, Mr. 'I don't celebrate Valentine's day'," Killua chuckled.

"Even now, I don't retract that statement," Gon said, stuffing a handful of chocolates into his mouth happily.

"Yeah, right." Killua scoffed and looked out of the window.

Gon felt bad that he didn't go all out the way Killua did for him. He felt really, really bad. But, Killua was a very understanding person. So, he was sure Killua wouldn't mind this minor thing.

As Killua watched the world pass by through the window, he played with the necklace Gon had gotten him for Christmas. It was a thing he did when he was at peace or nervous. It helped him to remain calm.

He knew it might've been dumb for him to be nervous for taking Gon to his hometown. But, this time was different. He and Gon had been dating for a little over a month now. He'd never brought a lover to his hometown before. The feeling he felt was surreal. Truly indescribable.

"Okay, lovebirds, we've arrived in the Dentora Region." The bus driver said. "Please call thirty minutes before you'd like to be picked up."

Gon and Killua said their thanks and got off of the bus. Gon looked around at the city around him. It wasn't too big, nor was it too small. It felt cozy.

"Wow, this is where you're from?" Gon gasped.

"Sorta." Killua said scratching his head nervously.

"Sorta?"

"Let's not worry about that," Killua said, grabbing onto Gon's hand. "Let's just have fun for a while, please." Killua smiled.

Gon sighed and squeezed Killua's hand. He looked around at every building he saw, he bought souvenirs and checked out some of Killua's favorite places.

"Hey, Killua?" Gon said, looking over at Killua as they stood at the bridge watching the sunset.

"Hm?" Killua hummed.

"Can you show me your house?" Gon asked.

Killua was silent for a few moments. His face blank as he stared out into the ocean in front of him, watching as the sun slowly sank lower into the Earth.

Gon figured that was how Killua would react, so he shook his head, letting Killua know that he didn't have to answer and that he wasn't mad about it.

"Not today." Killua replied, pulling out his phone and dialing a number. "We'll be there in 30."

They watched the sunset until the sky was a blue so light, yet so dark. After, they walked hand in hand, back to the bus that drove them to the hometown of Killua Zoldyck.

Once they were on the bus, they continued to hold hands, fingers interlocked, as Killua placed his head onto the window and Gon placed his head onto Killua's shoulder. They were both fast asleep.

"Gon, wake up." Killua said, once they'd arrived back to their hometown.

Gon's eyes fluttered open again, just as they had this morning, and he looked around, realizing where they were. He stood and held Killua's hand the entire walk to Killua's car.