10

KYUO

I was peacefully watching the scenery of the sunset from my balcony. I smiled and smelled my coffee before taking a sip. The sweet aroma invaded my nostrils. Who would have thought that I will gone this far? I miss my Xillienne—my life. It's been a month since that day happened, and until now, I can't accept the fact that my wife experience that kind of pain.

I sighed and sat in the wooden chair before closing my eyes. I need to unwind and meditate. Masyadong nakakapagod ang araw ngayon.

Mabilis akong napatayo nang marinig kong umiyak ang anak ko sa loob. I ran as fast as I could and found her in her mom's embrace. I smiled and hugged her from behind.

Sunshine is still crying nonstop so I insisted to carry her, instead of her mom.

"Let me, Love. Baka mapagod ka pa," saad ko bago inagaw ang anak namin.
Ngumiti na lamang siya ay maingat na umupo sa gilid ng kama.

"Hinding hindi ako mapapagod sa mag-ama ko." Tinapunan ko siya ng tingin kasama anak naming ngayon ay tumahan na pero gising na at hinalikan sila pareho sa nuo.

"I love you, Wife." She smiled weakly and caressed our child's face.

"You don't know how thankful I am for giving me a chance to live again, with you and our little Sunshine. That's enough for me, babe. You both are more than enough for me." I carefully sat next to her while still carrying Sunny.

"Thank you for staying with us. Thank you for not letting go. I love you so much, remember that, okay?" She nodded and chuckled.

"Heto na naman tayo, nababakla ka na naman. Ang drama mo pa rin." She grinned and eyed our little angel.

"Mukhang wala nang balak matulog si Sunny, right, baby?" Sunny chuckled when her mom played with her using her finger.

This scene is so heart-melting to witness. I wish to just live like this. I sighed and nodded.

"A'ight, wanna go to the beach? Mukhang 'yon ang gusto niyo, eh." She enthusiastically nodded.

She suddenly stood up and covered her head with a headwear. I am eager to help her but I am currently holding our child. She just gave me a reassuring smile, telling me that she's just fine.

Well, she can still stand up that made me admire her more. My wife is so brave despite everything happens to her, and I am a proud husband, and our little Sunny will surely be proud of her mom too.

"You sure, you can walk? We can use the wheelcha—"

"Please, just let me. I know what i'm doing, babe." I took a deep breath, accepting my defeat.

"Alright..." I stood up and carefully dressing Sunny to more comfortable and safe outfit. She looks so cute with her bunny covered clothes.

"Sigurado ka ba talagang dito tayo uupo?" Nalilito kong tanong habang nakangiti siyang nakakapit sa akin.

"Why not? Ang saya kayang umupo rito. Nakakarelax," sagot niya bago mabili na umupo sa buhangin, malapit sa bench na hinanda ko.

Tumango na lamang ako at sinang-ayunan siya.

"Kung saan ka masaya," saad ko bago marahag umupo sa tabi niya habang buhat pa rin ang prinsesa namin.