Chapter 2: Misleads

Ravi woke up early in the morning like any regular day. He took a shower, got dressed and had a quick breakfast. Then, he left towards the academy like he usually does, but unlike on previous occasions, Leah actually didn't meet with him midway to the Tower. Something that weirded out the blue-haired boy quite a bit.

It didn't stop there though, cause Leah actually did not show herself at all during the rest of the day either, making more of her friends worry besides just Ravi. "Hey, Kadiah... Have you seen Leah?" the bluenette asked the awoken girl while raising an eyebrow.

"Not really" Kadiah replied. "I've been wondering where she was the whole day, and I actually hoped you knew"

Ravi exalted slightly as his concern grew little by little. What is more, he tried to remember what had happened the day before, since maybe somewhen during his conversation with the huntress, she mentioned something about being absent that day and he just didn't remember. However, that wasn't really the case at all.

"Sh-she's probably just taking a day off" Liz said while trying to calm the warlock down. "Everyone needs a rest once in a while, right?"

"Yeah... I guess..." Ravi muttered with a troubled expression. "But still..."

...

...

...

Right after classes, Ravi called Leah a few times using his phone, but none of those calls were even answered in the end. At this point, the bluenette wasn't just getting more concerned, but also quite bored. Not having Leah to hang out with ended up being more of an annoying experience than any other thing. Therefore, the warlock decided to visit Amanda Holliday at the Tower's hangar in order to ask her about where her daughter could be.

"What? She hasn't come to classes?" Amanda asked in surprise.

"Wait... You didn't know?" Ravi replied in surprise as well. "Jeez... And here I was hoping you could help me"

"Yeah, sorry to disappoint you" At that moment, Amanda's cellphone rang out of nowhere, signifying she had just received a text message from someone. So after checking it up briefly, she actually startled at what it said. Turns out, Leah wanted to meet with her mother in her house. Something that was kinda weird considering the young girl had an apartment of her own. "S-sorry but... I think I need to go"

"Ah? S-sure..." Suddenly, Ravi received a call this time... from none other than his ghost, Wire. "What is it, Wire?" the bluenette asked after answering.

"Sorry for bothering you but... Cybel just told me she wants us to meet with her and Leah" Wire said.

"Ah? Cybel told you that?" Ravi raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What about Leah? Is she okay?"

"She didn't tell me that, but perhaps it's better to go and make sure of it"

Ravi and Amanda exchanged looks at that moment while nodding firmly at each other. "Very well... I'll see you there" the bluenette finally said as he and Amanda got on route to the engineer chief's house.

...

...

...

Amanda's house was located at a surprisingly plain area at one of the Last City's limits. The zone was one of the typical friendly neighborhoods one could find in movies and books. However, it was also a place full of bad memories for Leah and her mother since that was the place where Leah's brother, John, abandoned everything, only to be followed by his father, who had also left while in search of his son.