Chapter 16: Fanatic

At the Tower...

Eris explained the Vanguard everything she found out at the Prison of Elders, being the identity of the one trying to resurrect Crota the most important detail. Commander Zavala understood that the mission granted to Cayde and his team was not necessary anymore, though it was too late to realize that already.

"So... Omnigul..." Ikora said in a serious voice. "Mmh... Even if she's the high-rank witch that you claim her to be, it's hard to believe that she's doing all of this by herself"

"She must be working with someone else" Zavala added. "Eris... don't you know any other loyal follower of Crota who could be cooperating with her?"

Eris remained pensive for a while, her mind searching around her thoughts and memories as a clear image of the past appeared on her head. It was her... crawling inside some dark tunnels on the Moon while wearing some dirty and very torn clothes. A time in which the ex-guardian still didn't cover her face with a bandage, though her usual self had already started to fracture. Eris remembered the time she encountered Omnigul in person inside those damned tunnels... How she saw her from afar, but didn't dare to approach. The memory was as clear as water, as well the image of the other creatures that were accompanying the witch. 

The ex-guardian tensed up... for she had realized there was one follower of Crota who was most certainly aiding Omnigul in her mission. "This is bad..." said Eris in concern. "If more like that monster are really involved in this, then preventing Crota's revival will be a lot harder than anticipated" 

"What are you saying?" Ikora asked. 

"Eris... If you have information about any possible accomplice, then you must tell us now" Zavala added firmly as Eris nodded in agreement, her voice recovering her serious tone as she realized it was better to be extra careful about the matter.

"There is someone among Omnigul's Crota-admiring sect..." Eris explained. "A hive knight... A knight powerful and prestigious enough to be called a champion of the Hive. Someone so fixated with Crota's recognition that can even be considered his greatest fanatic ever..."

...

...

...

"Thalnok... The Sword of Crota"

...

...

...

Meanwhile with Idus and Kadiah...

"Kadiah... stay behind" Idus said, placing his arm right in front of Kadiah. Both trainees stared in shock at the creature that had appeared through the door... Both of them tensing up in fear... and without knowing that they had the powerful Sword of Crota right in front of them. 'This monster... There's no mistake. It's the same knight that lord Shaxx and I encountered back at Old Russia'

"I-Idus..." muttered Kadiah. "What should we do?"

Idus gritted his teeth as Thalnok remained in absolute silence, his giant sword being carried on his back as he grabbed the handle and stepped firmly on the floor. "Intruders... BEGONE!" the hive knight yelled and roared in fury. Drawing out his blade, he smacked the ground with it, and caused 3 waves of green energy to head straight towards the guardians.

The duo dodged while the ghosts swiftly went to hide behind one of the small pillars at one side. This was just beginning though. Thalnok shot powerful blasts from his hand... aimed directly at the guardians. These 2 tensed up as they started running around, dodging the attacks however they could. The zone got covered in smoke fast as both Idus and Kadiah took that chance to hide behind another of the many small pillars scattered around.